Question Ebay?

lourdes

I know that someone else posted something like this but I can't find it, will you buy from eBay? Is a store that says it sells new products from amazon returns and overstock

ADS

Phineasmama

I have. I got a Recaro Prosport from a store like that, the box was crappy but the seat was brand new and in perfect condition!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Be aware that if you do not purchase from an authorized dealer, the manufacturer does not have to honor a warranty claim. Some are stricter than others about this.

nevaehsmommy

Whenever I've called a manufacturer about a seat issue, I've never been asked where I bought the seat.

The First Years did ask me where I bought mine. They wanted me to fax them a receipt before they would replace.

I explained that I had bought it a year ago and did not have packing info anymore. They sent me a new seat anyway.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
At least in the USA, my understanding is that the Magnuson Moss Act prevents manufacturers from denying warranty claims on items sold with an original USA warranty, as long as they were the original owner and have proof of purchase, etc. This keeps companies from using supply chain tricks and other dishonest practices in order to deny warranty service.

There are always exceptions, of course, some even specified in the law itself. Others can be harder to determine. For example, many times you hear about "grey market" goods. Those are products presumably identical to ones sold in the USA, but are actually sourced from other markets and will generally not be covered under a warranty or have an "international warranty" that is generally dubious at best.

Of course, a manufacturer can always try to deny your claim anyway, either because they are not reputable or just because they can't control their supply chain. Your only remedy to get service with such a manufacturer may be to file a lawsuit under the Magnuson-Moss act.

So, in general, if the item you buy is new-in-box and has an original USA warranty, you should be covered (if you are in the USA anyway), regardless of where in the USA you bought it. Just make sure to keep your receipt, warranty card, etc.

I'm not a laywer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

mom of six

Beware of scams. I bought a TF off of Ebay in March. Turned out it was purchased with a stolen credit card from Walmart.com and drop shipped to me while the Ebay seller pocketed my money. If the deal is too good to be true it might be because someone else is really paying the retail price for that car seat without their consent.

lourdes

Can someone go to eBay and look to see of is it look like a good deal or not?? Search radian xtsl and is the only one with real pictures of the seat, is grey and is for 195 or best offer

scariestone

Ok here's my two cents: If it were an ebay seller that only sold car seats(or baby gear) I would feel pretty confident in the safety and validity of the item. However, that seller sells a bunch of random stuff and has a lot of negative feedback and if you read their replies, they blame the buyers every time. That's a huge red flag to me. I personally wouldn't buy anything from them, much less a car seat.

lourdes

I read the feedbacks and what it is holding me is what you said about all the different thinks that that seller sells and the fact that in all the feedbacks that I read none of them, good of bad, are from a car seat buyer, that's why I wanted the opinion of you guys!

christineka

I'd only buy a car seat off of ebay from a know baby gear company. I know there are some companies that sell discounts and overstocks on ebay and that's fine.

lourdes

I found a seller that has 100% positive but is only from 47 buyers, is for a radian xtsl, I made a offer for 170. and she made me another one for 195.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC