The car seat is supposed to be strapped in?

ADS

Wineaux

A) I hope the baby is all right.

B) I hope they ticket the parents for not strapping down the car seat.

C) I hope they ticket the parents for exceeding the maximum vehicle occupancy rating.

D) I hope they lock the drunk driver up and throw away the key, but I know that he/she will get a good DUI lawyer and will most likely have few, if any consequences other than the $2-5K lawyer fees. Can you tell I hate DUI lawyers and their "get out of jail free card", laissez-faire attitudes?

That whole scenario just pisses me off to no end...

mimieliza

That is awful. 11 people in an SUV?!? I hope that everyone is all right - I wonder if any other children were involved.

OT-

I hope they lock the drunk driver up and throw away the key, but I know that he/she will get a good DUI lawyer and will most likely have few, if any consequences other than the $2-5K lawyer fees. Can you tell I hate DUI lawyers and their "get out of jail free card", laissez-faire attitudes?

DH is a "DUI lawyer" (public defender, actually) and defense attorneys aren't the ones who choose the sentences - judges, juries and prosecuting attorneys do. Everyone (even drunk drivers) has rights, and having adequate representation ensures that laws are upheld fairly and properly.

We hate drunk drivers as much as anyone, but DH defends their right to a fair trial/application of existing laws. If drunk drivers are walking away with a slap on the wrist in your state, campaign for stiffer laws and penalties, don't lambaste defense attorneys.

BTW, DH just lost a trial and his DUI client is going to prison for 60 months, so even the most zealous defense attorneys don't get the real drunk drivers off if everyone else involved (politicians, judges, juries, prosecutors) is doing their job.

Wineaux

Sorry, in our state we have the DUI factory lawyers. Pay $2-5 grand and they'll get you off. At least until the 6-12th offense... I just love the DUI lawyer billboards along the main drag to college bars near LSU... NOT!

We need DUI laws in the USA like the ones they have in Scandanvian countries.

I see ZERO difference between driving drunk and walking into a crowded mall with a gun firing wildly into the air. In both instances you might not ever hit anyone, but with the former you can get off scott free the first offense, and with the latter you're going to be doing LOTS of hard time. Now how does that work? Oh yeah... we somehow feel the the drunk driver deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, etc. chance, while the gunman deserves the death penatly.

Ugh, just ugh.

lisa02-1.gif

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC