Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

christineka

Dd1, age 11.75 years old, 70 pounds.

Scenario 1
boosternon1.jpg

Scenario 2
boosternon2.jpg

Sorry for all the threads, but I want to make sure my dd is riding safely.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

strictly speaking, #1 is a better fit, but I'd be okay with #2.

It's kind of like how a rf 3 year old is better than a ff one, but a ff 3 year old isn't necessarily bad.

christineka

The IIHS thing says that flat across the thighs is ideal, with the top touching the hip.

Are you sure? Maybe I am reading the chart wrong then. It looks too me like the flat across the thighs is in red and on the bottom it says "belt too forward on thighs". Or is it that you want the belt to touch somewhere in the green, but the belt doesn't need to be all in the green? Maybe I need to get photos of my dd in pants because in photo 1, the belt is not touching her at the hips. It's completely flat across the thighs. If that is fine, good and safe, that's great! I was just worried after reading that thread and the iihs article.

christineka

So, even if the belt isn't touching her hips it's still good? Or should I find a different booster for her? I'm thinking she looks squashed on that seat anyway.

StillThankful

I like #1-- especially the way the seat belt is positioned on her shoulder-- versus in #2, the belt is more on her neck.

Just my 2 cents.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
She does look a little squished in #1 but either one would be fine. She looks good, YAY! She finally 5-steps :)

If she doesn't mind the Literider, let her use it but if it's easier for you & her to not, then don't.

christineka

How does the headrest look? She seems pretty far off center from the headrest indent...

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. The headrest (when present) hits 3/4 of her head. I'm trying to figure out what to do when dd's seat expires. She may outgrow it at the same time. I figure I'll take new photos in 6 months and ask again.

ginny4

I think they're both good...but #1 is good-er.

:yeahthatlove: i like the way you said it.

what's your DD take on it? if she wants out of the booster i'd let her. if she doesn't mind or finds it more comfy with a booster than that is fine too. i wouldn't buy a new one for her at all. she passes the 5 step well.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I don't care for the lack of a full headrest... that is my biggest problem in my 3rd row too... :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC