Opinions on Joovy Caboose Ultralight

mom2riley

Hi, I was hoping some of you knowledgeable mamas have some experience with this stroller. Right now we have a graco duoglider and I do not like it at all. It is too big, too heavy and DS is too tall for the seats. DD is only a year old and DS doesn't mind catching a ride still, I just want it to be comfortable for him. So what do you think of this one? How does it compare in size when folded up to the GDG? How does its weight compare to the GDG? How does it hold up? Do you think this is a good buy or do you have another suggestion? TIA:love:

ADS

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Hi Tonya, I live in Roanoke too!:D I also sell Joovy strollers.
I have a friend that has a three year old and a 5 month old & we have been talking about what a great stroller this would be for them.
Stroller queen just reviewed the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and gave it a great review:www.strollerqueen.com under NewNewNews!.
The Caboose has been around for in various incarnations for a while. But this latest version has some great improvements.
the wheels have ball bearings for greater maneverability, the canopy extends over both the main seat and the jump seat, and both seats have reflective harnesses. Great news for parents of runners!
The fold is super easy, just pull up the two side latches. There is a side lock to keep it closed.

It weighs ONLY 22.5 pounds compared to 30.1 pounds!

Here are the specs for the Ultralight:
Caboose Ultralight

Weight: 22.5 pds.

Width: 21"

Length: 32"

Seat Width: 12" (both)

Seat Depth: 8" (front) 9.5" (rear)

Seat Back: 16" (front only)

Seat to canopy: 25.5" (front) 23" (rear)

Drop to footrest: 6" (front) 9" rear

Handle height: 41"

Folded: 11" x 21" x 42"

Email me if you have any questions, would like to discuss other options or would like to make a purchase:)
Michelle

lovinwaves

I think the new Joovy is a great stroller! I like that it is lighter and easier to push and steer now. Joovy also makes a side by side umbrella as well :)

-Melissa-

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My friend has the Joovy Caboose, which she uses with her 3-month-old (in a carseat) and her 2.5-year-old.

The only complaint she has voiced to me about the stroller is that there is not as much room for the toddler in the back as there is on the Sit N Stand that her sister has. My friend said her 2.5-year-old has less room on the jump seat than the Sit N Stand offers.

Other than that, I think she really likes it!!

mom2riley

I have a friend that has a three year old and a 5 month old & we have been talking about what a great stroller this would be for them.
Stroller queen just reviewed the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and gave it a great review:www.strollerqueen.com under NewNewNews!.

It weighs ONLY 22.5 pounds compared to 30.1 pounds!

Here are the specs for the Ultralight:
Caboose Ultralight

Weight: 22.5 pds.

Width: 21"

Length: 32"

Seat Width: 12" (both)

Seat Depth: 8" (front) 9.5" (rear)

Seat Back: 16" (front only)

Seat to canopy: 25.5" (front) 23" (rear)

Drop to footrest: 6" (front) 9" rear

Handle height: 41"

Folded: 11" x 21" x 42"

Email me if you have any questions, would like to discuss other options or would like to make a purchase:)
Michelle

Michelle, I think I saw your ad on craigslist the other day, lol.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Michelle

Posting information on strollers is fine. Soliciting sales is not. This is a not-for-profit forum that accepts no advertisements, donations or membership fees. As such, it is also not a tool for members to solicit commercial sales. I hope our members will understand this policy. The admins and moderators have been a bit lenient in the past, but in the future we will be deleting sales messages that do not conform to the forum guidelines.

Some commercial product related posts may be posted about CPS related items in the main Coffee Break forum at the discretion of the admins and moderators. Senior Community Members may advertise used personal items in the Carseat Swap forum.

Members are also welcome to conduct business through private messages in response to posts asking for such information. Members may not spam messages of this type to multiple users. Complaints of commercial spam in private messages will be taken very seriously.

More guidelines can be found here:

http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=5

Thank you!

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Posting information on strollers is fine. Soliciting sales is not. This is a not-for-profit forum that accepts no advertisements, donations or membership fees. As such, it is also not a tool for members to solicit commercial sales. I hope our members will understand this policy. The admins and moderators have been a bit lenient in the past, but in the future we will be deleting sales messages that do not conform to the forum guidelines.

Some commercial product related posts may be posted about CPS related items in the main Coffee Break forum at the discretion of the admins and moderators. Senior Community Members may advertise used personal items in the Carseat Swap forum.

Members are also welcome to conduct business through private messages in response to posts asking for such information. Members may not spam messages of this type to multiple users. Complaints of commercial spam in private messages will be taken very seriously.

More guidelines can be found here:

http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=5

Thank you!
Sorry, It will not ever happen again :)
I LOVE this place too much to lose it:p
The people here are so informative and helpful don't know what I'd do with out their expertise.
I just got excited when I saw Tonya lived in Roanoke too, because I know how difficult it is to find stroller help.
Thanks,
Michelle

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
No worries. We hate to hassle members about anything, but we also need to be fair to those we've informed of various policies in the past through private messages or posted replies. The intention is to keep this from getting out of control with dozens of people posting various things they sell or putting graphics in signatures for performance mods, tupperware, Mary Kay or whatever. When these forums started, they were intended to be completely free of ads and pop-ups of any kind and they will remain that way until such time that the costs to maintain them are too high. In that effort, we appreciate that all users follow the guidelines.

A small text link to a webpage in a signature like you have now is perfectly fine, provided it is CPS or baby gear related. As mentioned, if you have new product information on a child passenger safety related item, you may also post about it in the main Coffee Break forum, subject to moderator approval. Any form of advertising for other items is strictly prohibited. Also as mentioned, private messages sent to people who specifically inquire about items you are selling are OK too. If you see other posts that are blatantly commercial, please use the Report Post feature. The moderators can't catch everything. If the post is not within the guidelines, we will move or remove it at our discretion.

Hopefully, this will clarify the policy for everyone- I'm sorry it happened to be your thread! Your comments were really not a big deal, but if everyone starts doing it and keeps pushing the limit, it will quickly get out of control. Thanks again for understanding! If you see content in other posts/signatures that is obviously commercial advertising, especially from a newer user, please use the report post feature. This will help us keep control of spam so we don't have to restrict users from having links in their signatures and other features.

Melanie

I have the original Caboose & love it. Havn't tried this one, but I'd love it even more with the reduced weight.

I have an infant in a snugride and large 2 year old. In a pinch, I have attached the snugride to the back strap on the handle, carried the baby and put the 2 year old up front to sleep.

I do think the child in the back needs to be a good listener. Wouldn't work well for very squiggly kid or one that would hop off an run.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC