Help me :)

hrice

My SK coalition has an awesome distribution program. However, the seats they give could be improved. We give Sceneras, Evenflo Gen 65s and Nania Dreamway boosters.

The Scenera is great but I think a Maestro instead of the Gen 65 would be better (and cheaper so they could afford more) since it has higher top slots and virtually the same bolstering capabilities as far as height. The 65 pound harness limit is somewhat laughable.

Then, the Nania booster is really wide so not 3 across friendly at all. I thought maybe Evenflo Big Kids since they are more narrow.

What do you all think? I am in good with the coalition leader and would like to make suggestions since she is not up in current seats (never heard of the Maestro).

ADS

christineka

I think you're real lucky to have those gen65 seats! We have sceneras and cosco hbbs to give out. You need to look at the discounted price list for techs. It's in the tech forum. Not sure how much more expensive the maestro is.

Eta, I found the list. The maestro is quite a bit cheaper than the gen65, so yeah, I'd def suggest that. I would ask about getting the nania high ride booster since it is the thinnest booster there is. The evenflo seat is pretty wide and not very 3-across friendly when working with other program seats.

luckyclov

We had all Evenflos...I guess they were the low bidder. IIRC, we had Titans, Gens, and NBB Amps. I don't remember seeing any HBBs.

hrice

christineka said:
I think you're real lucky to have those gen65 seats! We have sceneras and cosco hbbs to give out. You need to look at the discounted price list for techs. It's in the tech forum. Not sure how much more expensive the maestro is.

Eta, I found the list. The maestro is quite a bit cheaper than the gen65, so yeah, I'd def suggest that. I would ask about getting the nania high ride booster since it is the thinnest booster there is. The evenflo seat is pretty wide and not very 3-across friendly when working with other program seats.

They pay $65 for the Gen 65s. Tech discount for the Maestro is $49. They would get more for their money.

And I just saw your second paragraph it must have just appeared as I hit quote lol!

hrice

clov878 said:
We had all Evenflos...I guess they were the low bidder. IIRC, we had Titans, Gens, and NBB Amps. I don't remember seeing any HBBs.

And we have all HBBs.

djma

It was Titans, Maestros, Big Kid HBB (they only talked about them once LOL) and the Amps.

luckyclov

It was Titans, Maestros, Big Kid HBB (they only talked about them once LOL) and the Amps.
Oops, I meant Maestro. But I still don't remember seeing any HBBs. Maybe I was in the bathroom when they brought them out and talked about them.:p

KaiLing

It's not SK, but the police near me give out all Evenflo. They were giving out Triumphs, and I was kind of amazed not to see Sceneras. The CPST in charge of the program said they just bought Evenflo because they gave them the best deal. So maybe there's something to be said for only one company across the board? I like giving out Maestros: I feel like I'm keeping kids harnessed longer.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The Gen65 is being discontinued so they'll need to switch to something else eventually when they are no longer available. The BigKids have a really wide, square bottom but I'm not familiar with the Nania HBB so I can't say how they compare. My problem with the BigKids is that they're often too wide to fit between the seatbelt anchors in smaller vehicles. The Dorel HighRise fits in many more seating positions but is obviously LBB only.

hrice

Kecia said:
The Gen65 is being discontinued so they'll need to switch to something else eventually when they are no longer available. The BigKids have a really wide, square bottom but I'm not familiar with the Nania HBB so I can't say how they compare. My problem with the BigKids is that they're often too wide to fit between the seatbelt anchors in smaller vehicles. The Dorel HighRise fits in many more seating positions but is obviously LBB only.

I'll have to measure the Nania next time I'm there. It was at least as wide as a Turbo, maybe wider. And the sides if the high back are very wide too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC