Maxi Cosi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommy2Mya

Today I was at Walmart and while we were in the checkout I noticed the people in front of us had a baby in a really weird looking infant seat I was sure wasn't in Canada. So anyways, being the obsessive carseat freak I've become, I went up close enough to read the brand name written on the side and it was a Maxi Cosi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right that you cannot get those in Canada? Now I wish I would have followed them outdside and looked at their lisence plate:whistle:

ADS

Mommy2Mya

So I went searching for the seat online, and found the one that it looked exactly like. I guess you can buy it in the UK and other European countries. And my fiance actually saw them loading up the vehicle as we were leaving the parking lot and it was a Saskatchewan plate. So I guess I saw my first illegal carseat. Unless maybe they were visiting from the UK or something...
Anyways, this was this seat, the Maxi Cosi CabrioFix:

http://www.autoteile-shop.de/inhalt...image/0?auto=0343b2d70a74cad46485f9b2d9702a6a

canadianmom2three

Well, illegal or not, that is a NICE seat...would rather see that seat any day over the legal, but expired (maybe that is illegal) and unsafely used seats I see in parking lots every day!!

katrintrin

I have seen the Maxi COsi in use here in Walmart also. She was Using it with a Quinny buzz Frame & the Maxi Cosi Attached. I asker her about it & was commenting on the seat all complimetary of course & she said she loved the buzz & also had a Zapp for smaller ooutiongs & wanted the Maxi Cosi Seat to make it a compllete travel system. SHe had relatives from the U.K. send it up along with a U.K Zapp so that it would have the Car seat attachments. It really is a great seat. I have a freind in Germany that used it with both her children.
& Yes, would much rather see that in use than U huge percentile of the expierd & dangerous carseats I see around here.

Mommy2Mya

It looked like a pretty spiffy seat, only it really bugs me that it's only a 3 point harness and it has no chest clip. If I were going to use an imported seat, I would get a super awesome one that had all the major safety features to make it truly superior.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
European seats have much different designs than us here. Their 3pt harness is nothing like our 3pt harness.

The crotch strap has it's own buckle that comes up to the baby's waist... it fits very much like our 5pt harnesses here.

They also do not need a chest clip because of their design. The harness sits over the shoulders really nicely and as long as the straps are tightened down properly, there is no need for a chest clip, the harness hugs the body really well.

U

Unregistered

The maxi cosi is one of the best tested car seats in Europe. The maxi cosi is tested the last ten years as being the best car seats on the market. A lot of the in Canada available car seats are tested to against European standards, but they don't come close to the safety of the Maxi Cosi.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is an interesting opinion...but realizing that Maxi Cosi here in North America is actually a Dorel product (Cosco)... It's really not even the same Maxi Cosi as is available in Europe, let alone the same Maxi Cosi tested in Europe..and certainly not the same Maxi Cosi that's extremely popular in Europe.

-Nicole.

The maxi cosi is one of the best tested car seats in Europe. The maxi cosi is tested the last ten years as being the best car seats on the market. A lot of the in Canada available car seats are tested to against European standards, but they don't come close to the safety of the Maxi Cosi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC