Vent Let it be known!!!

lovemybabies924

That I HATE the top tether in escilades (sp?) my friend has the one that's an suv front truck rear end... They suck.. Thanks for "listening" and check out my auto correct typo

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Last edited:
ADS

bubbaray

Truck installs definitely have their challenges. The 2011 F150 TT really bites too -- you just clip the TT to the fabric loop on the seatback. I triple checked DH's manual (after he laughed about it) and yup, the manual says to clip the TT to the loop AND shows a pictogram. So strange (and virtually impossible to do given that TT straps are meant to be at least a few inches from the seat!).

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
bubbaray said:
Truck installs definitely have their challenges. The 2011 F150 TT really bites too -- you just clip the TT to the fabric loop on the seatback. I triple checked DH's manual (after he laughed about it) and yup, the manual says to clip the TT to the loop AND shows a pictogram. So strange (and virtually impossible to do given that TT straps are meant to be at least a few inches from the seat!).

I can't say about a 2011 but in the older ones you loop through one directly behind but clip to the next one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You should check out my 1998 Dodge Ram. Fold seat up, hover car seat over folding seat, attach tether anchor to wire hanger, feed wire hanger behind vehicle seat, to floor, attach, and tighten, then unfold seat and install car seat.

luckyclov

My vagina must be too old, it's not equipped with top tether anchors.

And, yeah, I really dislike most truck TTAs.:thumbsdown:

jess71903

Ambassador
If they are the same as the Tahoe, I hate them too! The Tahoe's are a square piece of metal with a circle cut out of the middle. Getting the stupid thing OFF is a nightmare and requires some of the acrobatics that Judi described.

bubbaray

I can't say about a 2011 but in the older ones you loop through one directly behind but clip to the next one.

Yup, but not in the 2011 -- its definitely clipped directly to the fabric loop. It is so strange. I just can't see a fabric loop helping in a crash, but what do I know?!

lovemybabies924

Judi said:
You should check out my 1998 Dodge Ram. Fold seat up, hover car seat over folding seat, attach tether anchor to wire hanger, feed wire hanger behind vehicle seat, to floor, attach, and tighten, then unfold seat and install car seat.

Very similar lol except part of the seat folds up and the back part is stationary so it's HARD to tighten the tether grr

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Dorothy

I know I don't have near the experience as some of you, but I couldn't resist sharing this gem:

DH literally had to pull me out from under our ext cab back seat one time! I got stuck wedged against the back of the center console with my arms under the seat. LOL :) The TA retrofit is on the floor only 1" from the back wall, center. I learned to lay down on my back on the floor with my right shoulder and head under the seat. My feet are sticking out the third door. I keep my left ARM on the seat cushion for leverage now! The kids are usually trying to climb up my legs to stick their heads under the seat, too. "Mama, Watcha doin?"

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

Last edited:

Emi's Mommy

Yup, but not in the 2011 -- its definitely clipped directly to the fabric loop. It is so strange. I just can't see a fabric loop helping in a crash, but what do I know?!
My dad's 2010 Silverado is the same. It took the him, the manual and the sales guy for me to finally believe it.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

According to the manual http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOBF12/~MUS~LEN/36/11f12og3e.pdf Any of the models with a 2nd row use the loops as the one directly behind being a routing loop and the loop at the adjacent position being the place you clip the top tether too. If there's no rear seat, then there's a fabric loop directly behind the seating position that is clipped directly to without a routing loop. But for rear rows, it's the same as has been the case in Ford trucks for quite awhile - I'm thinking at least 7 years, but possibly longer.

Harnesses are a type of fabric, and adjuster straps are woven fabric as well... So nothing saying that fabric can't be woven and made of materials strong enough to take collision forces. ;)

acoro

I'm not sure what is funnier that vagina auto corrects to cadilac or the comments about your vaginas having a top tether...hmm wonder what the weight limit on that tether would be :p

T4K

acoro said:
I'm not sure what is funnier that vagina auto corrects to cadilac or the comments about your vaginas having a top tether...hmm wonder what the weight limit on that tether would be :p

I think that in the case of vaginas, it's always better to tether no matter the weight.

Dorothy

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
I think that in the case of vaginas, it's always better to tether no matter the weight.

What I want to know: What are you tethering to this anchor? Everytime I see this thread, I get a visual of everyone securing their underpants on.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC