Problems with parkway

mominabigtruck

Lately I've been having problems with my parkway staying locked in the height I want. Yesterday I went to adjust again and it wouldn't lock at all. So I haven't had time to call britax yet because we've been swamped at work and I've had to work late but I just went to their website and it says that I have to provide proof of purchase for it to be covered under warranty. I have no idea where my receipt is and doubt I even have it. So does that mean that britax won't fix my parkway? I'm really upset because its only a couple of months old and it has only been using as an extra seat so it hasn't even seen that much use.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They are just trying to scare you, you only need the serial number and DOM from the sticker on the seat...they'll repair or replace it happily, it's a pretty common problem, unfortunately, but they have been good about dealing with it.:thumbsup:

scatterbunny

Mine did that a few times, and a friend's new one was doing it, too, but I figured out why it was happening with ours: the headrests in the seating position the boosters were in was ever-so-slightly pushing the Parkway's headrest forward; like I said, it was only a teensy bit, so little that it didn't LOOK pushed forward at all. But the slightest pressure on that headrest curved the adjustment part on the back of the seat just enough that it would unlock and slide freely. We removed our headrests and it hasn't happened since.

I don't know if that's always been the problem with the Parkway's headrest doesn't stay locked, probably not, since I'm sure someone would have thought of the headrest issue before, but that's what our problem was!

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
I had the same thing happen. Kendra fixed it the first time and now it occassionally decides it doesn't want to stay put when I adjust it between Kendra and Ilana (it's Kendra's main seat, but Ilana rides in it when Kendra's not with us - Ilana is usually in a Radian). I called and they're going to replace it. I'm sure it would be fine, but I don't want to chance it going down on Kendra when I'm driving (the first time it happened no one was in the car :confused: ) and me crashing because I'm trying to help her fix it;)

ThreeBeans

I've never had to provide PoP for warranty issues (or non warranty issues.) I registered my seats...that's all they cared about :thumbsup:

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
I've never had to provide PoP for warranty issues (or non warranty issues.) I registered my seats...that's all they cared about :thumbsup:

I forgot about that, they didn't ask me to provide PoP. They just verified I had registered it. Oh and I'm getting Tiffany (they didn't have the cover I had originally - the one I didn't like!):p

mominabigtruck

They're replacing the parkway and hopefully sending me another one with a cowmoo cover. That way I can sell one of my covers to make a little extra money to put towards my evenflo advance.;)

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
They're replacing the parkway and hopefully sending me another one with a cowmoo cover. That way I can sell one of my covers to make a little extra money to put towards my evenflo advance.;)
I forgot they had the Cowmoo on the Parkway!! :( Oh well, we'll be getting the Tifanny and that's the one we wanted originally! But man, I love the Cowmoo!!

Kellyr2

I need to call about mine, too. Mine has this issue, I just don't use it often enough for it to be a real problem. And then I can get a better cover, too! Woohoo!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC