WDYT? Good deal or not?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I picked up a Vivo yesterday at Big Lots for $54 (tax included). I knew it would be older because they've had them for forever. DOM is 8/2009. So I lost 2 years.

I *love* the belt fit on her. Like love, love. And the body support I think is just what I'm looking for for in my car. Total PITA to buckle next to the Radian, but I think I'm going to leave it buckled and have her climb in and out. I also needed something that is more solid for when we travel in December.

Should I have waited for the new Vivo to come out (I don't like any of the current color choices :eek:)? Tell me it was a good deal even losing the 2 years (it'll still get DD to nearly 10)

ADS

kater-tot82

Good deal :). You love the fit on her and that is a good thing. And who knows, by the time she is almost 10 you will probably be switching seats anyways :) (I got my now 8yo a Monterey last year, and she wants to move to a backless, and I am considering it....just goes to show you, you never know what the future holds!)

Enjoy your new seat!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, I feel better. I don't *totally* have the money to be getting it right now, but if I waited I'd be paying the regular $65 (plus they only had 1 left in an unopened box, the other one was open and not in plastic anymore).

The fit really is good, so hopefully she doesn't end up crooked in it like in the turbo.

NannyMom

I would have bought it. My Big Lots has 3 Vivos, and they are all Nov 2007 DOMs :eek: Uh, not paying $65 for 2 years.

christineka

Between our 2 Big Lots, there are over 10 seats... all 2007 DOM's at $65 :thumbsdown:

I went to a big lots recently. They had (all way up on the top of the shelf) 1 prospect and a bunch of backless turbos. I'm jealous of you guys with Big Lots that actually have a bunch of seats.

MandaPanda

I went to a big lots recently. They had (all way up on the top of the shelf) 1 prospect and a bunch of backless turbos. I'm jealous of you guys with Big Lots that actually have a bunch of seats.

:yeahthatsad:
The ones around here generally have cosco infant seats, cosco backless boosters, and maybe an evenflo or cosco combo seat. No vivos for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC