3 across gmc canyon

futuresoccermom

I currently have a 2004 gmc canyon crew cab and I need to fit 3 across. I have two seats already, a backless tb, ff radian, and I need to find something else that will fit with these. I'd like to keep the tb behind the drives seat, there is no headrest in the middle seat.

The 3rd seat I need will be for a almost 3 yo, I'm guessing around 35lbs, I will not be able to get specific ht/wt before I need the seat. So, I'm just going to plan for it to be a ff seat.

Any suggestions?

The only seat I have seriously considered thus far is the Evenflo Maestro.
I need to order online this week, so I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Also, we're looking for a new vehicle right now, so hopefully this setup will only have to last for a month or two.

Thanks!

ADS

futuresoccermom

No, I live in the boonies. I could order one from amazon though, I have prime shipping and they have free returns.

I was thinking that maybe a marathon would sit up above the other seats? To what age does it usually last?

Kaitsmom

The Maestro is around $80 and has higher harness slots then the Marathon, which is almost 3 times the cost. If the 3 yr old is ffing theres no point wasting the money on a convertible seat that you wont use half the function of. My dd is almost 3 and almost out grown her Marathon, but shes 42 inches tall and 44lbs.

I would also be concerned about getting the lbb buckled.

futuresoccermom

Does the radian xtsl have the same dimensions as the radian 65? At what height do most kids need to turn ff in the radian xtsl? Maybe that could be an option for the middle seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC