Shoulder belt guides

melniemi

On boosters. Are they necessary? The way my seat belts come out of the seat in my third row, well, it makes it difficult for the belt to stay in the guides. Shoulder belt lays great regardless. So, do you think it's fine?

Thanks!

ADS

luckyclov

I'm not aware of any highback booster manufacturer that allows for optional use of the shoulder belt guide(s). So, yes, I think they're necessary for proper use of the restraint.

Is there adequate head support in the vehicle seating position? If so, and the shoulder belt lays properly, why not switch to a backless?

christineka

I asked the same question a while back due to the same reason. I was told to use the shoulder belt guides, so I just remind the kids when they buckle to put the shoulder belt back in the guide.

melniemi

It's the 3rd row in my YukonXL. Headrests are too short for my boys in backless boosters, well, borderline. Can I get taller headrests?

I have my dd1 there now in a parkway. The pro booster works better with the seat belts but she wanted to ride in the parkway. I just kinda figured that since it only positions the belt and the seatbelt fits right without it that it might be okay. I guess I could try the fr85 in booster mode, see if that works. I'm trying to put the girls in the 3rd row, boys center, see if the rides are more peaceful. Lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC