infant seat that fits preemie that doesn't take a lot of space front to back?

Cryssy Jane

Kiddo born 11 weeks early, to be released from nicu within the next two weeks if everything stays good. Kiddo weighs around 4lbs right now. I'm not sure on complete height, but he's pretty small.

Would be great if it puzzled with either a blvd 70 or a radian (both rf). Mom and dad are both tall and radian is currently installed center and peers through the middle of the front seats without bracing. They have a blvd 70 in other car if needed.

Budget would like to stay around $100 if possible but can go to $150 if needed.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
If it's just to get them by until the baby grows into another seat they want to use, I'd probably get a Comfy Carry Elite Plus. I haven't tried one in person to know how much space it takes up, but I know it's not a big/tall/high-weight seat like the Onboard.

In my Civic, the Keyfit took up almost as much front-to-back space as the Onboard. Which is to say, a lot. At least, with the base.

The onboard without a base is really compact. But I assume they'd want to use the base.

Cryssy Jane

They're just looking for something short term. They have a couple other convertibles (not sure which) but are not big fans of infant seats. Mom is big on baby wearing but knows she would like the connivence of a bucket for a couple of months hence the not wanting to spend a lot.

A friend has an ss1 that was offered to them, but he doesn't mean the weight minimums and the bottom slots are up around his ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Another comfy carry elite

The onboard is narrow seat but it is a long seat....i'm 5'2 and it fits behind me fine but anyone taller would have an issue. (might I add I have an acura coupe)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC