Which RF seat for middle of F150 with suicide doors?

zactayaus

I will be visiting my friend next weekend. We need to find a seat that will fit in the back of their 2003 F150 with suicide doors. This is not their primary vehicle but the baby will need to be in it a few times a month. Her dd is 10mo and weighs 17lbs (not sure on height). They were given a CS for her baby shower that they tried to install but said it wouldn't fit. Of course I'll give it a go and see if I can make it work but just wondering if anyone knows of a seat that will definitely fit. I'm bringing my Scenara, MR, MA65, and RA55 to try out. Her 8yo ds sits in a Evenflo big kid booster in this vehicle so if the seat needs to go in the middle it would need to puzzle with that.

Thanks for the help.:)

Last edited:
ADS

Dorothy

I haven't been in one of those for a long, long time. It was way before car seats were even on my radar. ;-) But, just going by my own experience with our ext cab, I think you have a very good chance of success with your lineup of seats. Hopefully someone far more experienced can give you a definite answer, though.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

Lenae

I've had a RF MA Classic in a F150 with the suicide doors, but it was a late '90's, so I don't know if that will make a difference. It had a flip down armrest/middle seat thingy in the front, and that was down with the MA RF in the backseat, so I also don't know if there is a bench seat in the fron if it would work either. I think I remember it fitting pretty well though.

HTH.

Keeanh

I fit a Century Bravo there in 1998... :p.

I would think the Scenera would fit no problem if you were okay with it being more upright. You can probably get the Britaxes in, but I'm not so sure about the MR. Let us know how it goes!!

kathysr98

DH has a 2001 Extended Cab & is 6'8" so requires the front seat all the way back. The TF works perfect. I've also had good luck with an Uptown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC