Question Britax Paddinh

gagenivy

Have the Advocate 70 CS in cowmooflage. My daughter always has major blowouts in this seat-I have had it since Jan and the padding is already losing patches of material! Is this typical? I have never machine washed or dried. I have towel washed with either Dawn or Dreft. Is this a warranty item?
Thank you!

ADS

hrice

Contact Britax CS. If the seat is under warranty they will likely replace the cover.

henrietta

Have the Advocate 70 CS in cowmooflage. My daughter always has major blowouts in this seat-I have had it since Jan and the padding is already losing patches of material! Is this typical? I have never machine washed or dried. I have towel washed with either Dawn or Dreft. Is this a warranty item?
Thank you!

Hmmm....that's a great question. I've had 6 made-by-Britax seats (two made by Britax for Fisher Price). The only covers I've ever had fall apart are the the ones made for FP. All the others have held up GREAT, w/machine washing! So, I think that's a little strange...My first Britax cover is from 2006, the second is from '07, third is from '08, and fourth is '10.....all have been washed at least 5 times in the washer...and no problems. Now, the cover I have for one was a used cover....and even IT doesn't have major wear and tear--it is definitely more worn than the others, but totally useable.

I would call Britax and ask what they consider "normal" wear and tear--I think a cover handwashed on a monthly or twice monthly basis should last the life of the seat, not just 10 mos. And even if it's handwashed every 3-4 days, I think it should at least last a year, if not 3-4 yrs.

hths

henrietta

bnsnyde

I have the seat in Opus Grey and don't notice any problems, but we've never washed it or done anything to it. It looks brand new, so I like this color. It's just a few months old.

Britax would probably be able to help you.

gagenivy

Thanks y'all! I wanted to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong, so that I had a leg to stand on.

cpsaddict

I have a Marathon 70 and washed it according the instructions and it totally fell apart. Britax replaced it immediately. I now have a new cover and have actually machine washed it(I'm sorry, handwashing will not remove urine, kthks) and it still looks new. I think it was just an anomoly the first time. I would for sure call.

swtgi1982

gagenivy said:
Thank you!

Yes yes and yes call them my frontier in cow just did this and was less then a month old and it was purely from my dd leg rubbing over it when getting in the seat. They replaced immediately.

farrbabies

My two cowmoo boulevards flaked as well and britax said because they were not under warranty I would have to pay full price plus shipping and brokerage fees. It would cost me $220 for two covers. I was so upset. Oh and then add brokerage fees. They would not even give me the option of USPS shipping to Canada. Oh and my neighbors boulevard did the same thing!!! And they cost $419.99 after taxes each!!! Why do britax give everyone a break except me. The person that helped me really wasn't much help.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC