TFP Harness question

nosidammai

My DD is RFing in her TFP. She is 15 months, 24lbs, and 31" tall. With the harness in the first position, the straps are starting to slide off her shoulders, no matter how much I tighten the harness. If I move the harness to the 2nd position, I feel like the harness is slightly above her shoulders, moreso than just at. It's not even an inch above her shoulders, but it's definitely above. I don't have any pictures but can get one tomorrow if you don't quite understand.

Anyway, my question is, since in position 1, the straps slide off, wouldn't having the harness at 2 be safer, even being slightly above her shoulders?

ADS

aeormsby

The same thing happened with my kids in our seats when they were little. I made the decision to move them up even if the slot was a little above their shoulders. The reason the straps should be below the shoulders is to make sure they don't ramp up & end up with their heads above the top of the seat. It only seems to happen when they are moving from the lowest to next lowest slots so they still had plenty of shell over their heads. And I knew it was completely unsafe if the straps were sliding off their shoulders.

Pixels

I mess around with the infant insert to take care of the problem. If it's in, take it out and she'll be much closer to the first position. Then the harness won't fall off. If it's out, put it in and she will be at or above the second position.

But before you do that, check your owner's manual. Some have a weight limit on the insert, some don't. I don't remember what the weight limit is, I want to say 22 pounds. Mine doesn't have the limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC