Convince me shoulders above slots in XTSL is fine like they say

cmm7

I know SK says it is fine. And that is the only thing keeping me sane right now. I am going to have C on Sunday and we have to be in the car. However, I didn't think I was going to have him until November and my brother is bringing the Frontier up next weekend. I have the XTSL in my car and am hoping he is under the top slots. He and Z are usually always in the same slots and she is JUST under so I am hoping he is, too. However, convince me it is ok to put him in it if he is a smidge over. Other option would be booster which he doesn't stay in position in with regular seatbelt or in the 86Y with a booster which I really don't trust him not to unbuckle.

Reassure me that Radian is best if he is a smidge over?

ADS

SignCuer

If SK permits it, I will have no qualms with using it above the shoulder slots.. and I have done it before.

Pixels

There is EPS foam in the butt area. That's there so it will take the downward forces on the spine instead of, you know, breaking the spine.

I have zero qualms about using it over the top slots. The company says it is safe to do so. If I didn't trust the company with my child's life, then my child would not be in their seat at all.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
There is EPS foam in the butt area. That's there so it will take the downward forces on the spine instead of, you know, breaking the spine.

Oh, so that's the reason.

That makes sense. And is a relief, because the kid I have in my other Radian is starting to go over the top slots but she's still too skinny to get the RSTV to fit her snugly (she's really close to the top weight limit for the size small, but I can't tighten the size large enough around her) and I can't fit a booster where she needs to ride. I really need her to stay in the Radian until she "fills out" the RSTV, but I was starting to get nervous about her going over the top slots (she has plenty of room to grow between her ears and the top of the seat still).

I feel better now. Thanks. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC