what booster would be your first choice?

Holly

If you could pick any high back booster you want (under $150, preferrably less) which would you pick? For a vehicle that may or may not have lower anchors. There are so many options that I just don't know.

Last edited:
ADS

VoodooChile

I want an Oobr for dd, but the problem is convincing dh that the non-expired, non-outgrown Frontier needs to be replaced...

Holly

Vivo, especially since your kids are little toothpicks.

I've been looking around online for a while and I think this is what I'm leaning towards. I want something that is super sturdy and has lots of head support, something that just seems cushier or more comfortable than a Turbo Booster (nothing against turbos, we have one and I like dd's fit in it, but it's not my favorite all the time booster).
The pro booster looks nice too but it's more expensive and I doubt I could convince dh that we need it, and it does not LATCH in, seems if I were going to pay that much, it should LATCH in.

The vivo seems like it has a great fit on all the kids I've seen in pics.
I did LOVE the compass booster that we tried yesterday but I think I want something that goes taller than that, I wouldn't want the kids to outgrow it before I want them out of a high back.
Oh, does the vivo convert to a low back booster?
If not, it's ok because by the time the kids would stop using it, I'd be ok with using a few literiders which are cheap. I've seen in pics that the vivo goes really tall. And just so it doesn't sound like both girls are moving to boosters, nope. Abby is staying in her radian until she outgrows it.

Any word on when the pink and purple vivos will be available?

christineka

For your kids, who are sized like my kids, I'd choose the vivo, the new turbo with the extra side impact protection, or the probooster.

steph

I just went through this with Ryan. I was set on a monterey or maybe the vivo. But after trying him in the probooster, vivo, turbo and parkway, I choose the parkway. The fit to me was the best and he was most comfortable.

Can you go try her in a few?

I have pics of Ryan in the above boosters if you want to see them (he is 46lbs, 46 inches and 16 inch torso). Im on my phone but I link later if you want to see them.

Sent from my Atrix using Car-Seat.Org

Holly

I just went through this with Ryan. I was set on a monterey or maybe the vivo. But after trying him in the probooster, vivo, turbo and parkway, I choose the parkway. The fit to me was the best and he was most comfortable.

Can you go try her in a few?

I have pics of Ryan in the above boosters if you want to see them (he is 46lbs, 46 inches and 16 inch torso). Im on my phone but I link later if you want to see them.

Sent from my Atrix using Car-Seat.Org

I can probably take her to try some in another week or so.
I tried her in the Monterey last December or this January (I can't remember) and the fit of everything but the shoulder belt was good, so the new diono monterey would probably fit her better but I don't think I can spend that much.

I'd love to see the pictures, when you can post them later.

rachelandtyke

We have a Vivo for DD and love it. I think she is similarly sized to your older DD.

She also fits well in the TB.

I really wanted a Parkway, but she's not yet 40 lbs and the fit was not as good on her.

Holly

Does the Vivo have a lot of leg support? It's not too shallow of a seat is it?
Is it easy for kids to buckle on their own, since the belt path is sorta closed?

christineka

Does the Vivo have a lot of leg support? It's not too shallow of a seat is it?
Is it easy for kids to buckle on their own, since the belt path is sorta closed?

The vivo is pretty shallow, but because the seat is sloped, many kids find it comfortable. (Mine do) The vivo is easier for my kids to buckle than the turbo, but other kids have issues. It really depends on the kid. Booster fit really depends on the kid and the vehicle. I tried 4 of my kids in the parkway sg and the belt fit was really bad on 3 of them. The vivo belt fit is great for all my kids.

fyrfightermomma

My kids could not.buckle at all in it because of the closed belt guide. And when they unbuckled the belt got stuck on the belt path and frustrated them.beyond belief. It's something some kids have no issues with and others can't do. I ended up buckling them a lot and after a while I couldn't stand it either. We got rid of them. It's pretty shallow too

I'm.completely happy with my probooster

cookie123

I really wanted the Montereys but now I regret getting them. Besides the fact that one fell on the garage floor, they're too heavy and bulky to move around as much as I do and the back falls down which is annoying. The belt guide is also annoying. The seatbelt gets stuck in there. Also if the belt gets locked, it's a pain to get it out of the guide to get it unlocked. They're getting fairly close to outgrowing the Nautilus in booster mode. I may just get no back boosters once I get my new car. I'm not enjoying any of my seats right now.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
RECARO ProBooster. Hands down. I :love: that booster. Great lap belt fit for every kiddo I've seen in one.

bnsnyde

Recaro Harness to Booster and just use as booster if that's what I needed. Love the deep sides.

Mine were under $150, too.

Baylor

I Love the Probooster. It really fits my skinny kid well and he can buckle it all on his own even with my floppy low lying buckles. He is comfy and sleeps in it well too.
He has good leg support too. I am glad I did not get the vivo after seeing the pics of the leg support difference above.

Holly

What website went out of business and screwed a bunch of people? The pro booster is $103 at albeebaby.com and babycatalog.com.

melniemi

Recaro Harness to Booster and just use as booster if that's what I needed. Love the deep sides.

Mine were under $150, too.

This is a really short booster though. My dd had outgrown it by 7, in harness and booster modes. And it's really heavy if you can't latch it in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC