How old did your baby outgrow the Snugride 22?

SignCuer

Title says it all... Yani apparently caught up with her legs... beating them... now she has a long torso... almost nearing the 1 inch rule... *time to get Shuttle* and I'm like... what?

And she just turned 6 months old... I tried her in different infant seats and she's almost nearing the height limit on keyfit, gracos, whatnot... onboard35 and shuttle 33 are the only one that she still has time into.. shuttle 33 much more time.

Wondering how old ur babies outgrew the 22?

ADS

Phineasmama

I guess I can't really help because I switched my DS when he was like 6 months old because he was so friggin heavy!!!

He wasn't nearing the height limit but he was already like 18 lbs at 4 months old so I switched to a convertible as soon as he could sit up on his own.

aeormsby

I think my kids were 10-12 months when they wouldn't have fit anymore by height. (we stopped using it before then for the most part).

rachelandtyke

I moved my kids out even though they still fit. DD still fit at 13 months. Moved DS out before a year, but he still fit at 18+ months. But then my kids aren't normal or averaged sized!

nmb

DS outgrew his by height at 2.5 mos. He was already about 17 lbs, so not too far off from the weight, would have been over the weight limit at 5 mos. (Can't remember height then, but always a long torso.) At that age he was wearing 12 mos sleepers & onesies, but the sleepers had tons of extra leg room. He still wore 0-3 mos pants, and his feet didn't reach the end of the seat yet, IIRC.

Pixels

DD fits the OB35 and the BabyTrend the same. Her head is exactly even with the shell now. I think the BT has the same shell height as the SR22. Though her shoulders were beyond squished in the OB35 and still fit in the BT.

She does still fit in the Shuttle 33 with growing room by height.

SignCuer

Pixels said:
DD fits the OB35 and the BabyTrend the same. Her head is exactly even with the shell now. I think the BT has the same shell height as the SR22. Though her shoulders were beyond squished in the OB35 and still fit in the BT.

She does still fit in the Shuttle 33 with growing room by height.

Yani's abt the same way... she has about a few inches left in the OB35 but I can't see her reaching a yr old in that thing..

fyrfightermomma

E was 4 months, s was 3 and j was like 6 weeks.

J went in a kf30 and he outgrew that by 10 weeks. Then into a ss1 which he outgrew at 6 months. At that point I got him a shuttle 33. He lasted until 14 months when I stopped using it but he still had about 1/2". So yeah the shuttle 33 lasted WAY longer. Months after he outgrew his other seats

rxmommy

Tall DD1 was about 5 months. Possibly earlier, since I wasn't so carseat educated then and probably left her in it too long. :(

DD2 was switched around 9 months. She still had time in it then.

BritMum-in-US

DS was 9 months (though back then I went by height and weight limits, which he hit at the same time, not the 1" rule).

DD is 8 months and probably has 1" or so before out growing by height. She is 18 pounds so is fine weight wise.

mamom

I took them out before they reached the limits but they still fit at a year, I'm guessing around 18months

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Only used the infant carrier with DD until she was 6-ish months, but she fit into it at 18 months (I have a pic somewhere). DS was maybe around a year, but I switched him out at around 6 months so a friend could borrow it.

kdkm

My niece was about 9 months when we switched her but still fit until about 16 months, maybe older, height wise. She wouldn't have outgrown it by weight until about 23/24 months. I think she has a short torso though. She is still on the first slots in her RA50 and on the second in her RN80 for reference.

SignCuer

For reference... she fits at the lowest slots of the Marathon and the CA... :eek: I haven't seen a 6 month old that fit in the CA yet. She's above the lowest slots.

Polola0628

Around 3 months... however, she WAS a tall one...

3 months:
nayeli3mos.jpg

And then not long after, in a scenera:
nayeli6mos2.jpg

And at 2.5ish y/o in a radian...
0121111127a.jpg

In case you wanted a growth curve look at things, lol.

leighi123

Levi was around 2 when I put him in one, he had a bit of room above his head still and he was 20-21lbs.

armywife12

For reference... she fits at the lowest slots of the Marathon and the CA... :eek: I haven't seen a 6 month old that fit in the CA yet. She's above the lowest slots.

My 4 month old has fit in the CA for over a month now but still fits in her Keyit 30 with a few inches to spare. My son was moved into the Marathon at 5 months after he outgrew the Babytend. Ive never tried the Snugride though

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC