Are true fits still being sold in Canada?

U

Unregistered

After reading many forums I decided on a true Fit for my 14 month 20lb 32 inch 3rd child. However, I can't find them online for sale. My Zellers has one, but the lack of others makes me wonder if there was an issue with them. Thanks!

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi and welcome to the forums at Car-Seat.org. I moved your thread to the Canadian forum so that you could get some answers from those familiar with Canadian seats etc.

The True Fit (TF) is still being sold in Canada, but has been cleared out in most places in preparation for bringing in seat that complies with the new standards. There is no recall on the style that Zeller's has in stock, and no safety concern or issue with them.

Babies R Us (BRU,) and Zeller's have always been the bigger stores that carry the TF, and BRU cleared out their stock starting about a month and a half ago or so. Some stores may still have inventory, but once it's gone, it's being replaced by the TF Premier - like the TF, but it also has an antirebound foot.

Hope this helps and please ask if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

featherhead

Babies R Us (BRU,) and Zeller's have always been the bigger stores that carry the TF, and BRU cleared out their stock starting about a month and a half ago or so. Some stores may still have inventory, but once it's gone, it's being replaced by the TF Premier - like the TF, but it also has an antirebound foot.

So are you saying we will only have the TFP in Canada? I guess it makes sense, just interesting to know:)

tam_shops

OP, since the sale starts at Zellers Friday, if you go in tonight and grab the last one, you can go in on Friday w/ the bill and get them to fix the price. Sometimes, if you go to one of the smaller check outs (like the electronics) w/ the flyer, they'll do it for you the day before. I think it depends on the clerk.

BUT, make sure that the *one* they have left is not the floor model, has it's tags attached, the manual, plastic and otherwise looks *new*. You could also call the (other) Zellers/TRU in your area and see if they have others and/or if TRU will match the price. I've never had luck w/ a TRU price match (on anything) but others have. Probably depends on the clerk, store and sale...

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the 2012 stock (of this or others) to come in before buying a seat to get what you want, so make sure you check the timing of when LO will outgrow the current seat! Such a pain!

tam

V

VanIsleMommy

I have seen the true fit "retro rails" in zellers, I haven't been back so don't know if the premier is there too. Haven't seen it anywhere else... Zellers is now tagging the shelf models with "tampered, not for sale".

snowbird25ca

amelia222 said:
Any word yet on when the TFPs might be arriving?

I've seen them showing in stock in the computer. I think they're waiting to distribute until the old ones are sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

snowbird25ca

featherhead said:
So are you saying we will only have the TFP in Canada? I guess it makes sense, just interesting to know:)

I believe so. I don't know 100%, but it looks that way.

snowbird25ca

tam_shops said:
OP, since the sale starts at Zellers Friday, if you go in tonight and grab the last one, you can go in on Friday w/ the bill and get them to fix the price. Sometimes, if you go to one of the smaller check outs (like the electronics) w/ the flyer, they'll do it for you the day before. I think it depends on the clerk.

BUT, make sure that the *one* they have left is not the floor model, has it's tags attached, the manual, plastic and otherwise looks *new*. You could also call the (other) Zellers/TRU in your area and see if they have others and/or if TRU will match the price. I've never had luck w/ a TRU price match (on anything) but others have. Probably depends on the clerk, store and sale...

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the 2012 stock (of this or others) to come in before buying a seat to get what you want, so make sure you check the timing of when LO will outgrow the current seat! Such a pain!

tam

TRU if they have it will be $99.98, so no need to price match. I'm not sure what stock is like in OP's area. We got a 2nd shipment in and sold out. Prices ending in .98 are clearance prices and will never go back up.

Zellers cover is different so staff shouldn't price match it. (there actually can be cost difference between covers too, so it's not just a technicality.)

Please forgive the serial replies. I don't think I can multi-quote from my phone.

tam_shops

Trudy, the 98cent thing is good to know! Same w/ the difference in the price for the covers, makes it a little less annoying! Our (local) TRU didn't have the TF on sale last time I was in and still had one tag out for it, so (might) have had one in stock, but one of the bigger stores (nearby) did have it on sale. Always makes me wonder when that happens...

Good to know Zellers is trying to prevent the sale of their demo models. A lady at Canadian Tire, TRU and TJs all tried to sell me Floor models recently when I was checking on stock/colour for seats I was contemplating! CT and Tj's didn't surprise me, but TRU kind of did...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC