How to talk to my neighbor about booster

Mysweethoneybee

So my neighbor is a wonderful and caring mom. She kept her kids harnessed past their 4th birthday (not normal here) and then she put them in high back boosters because they were safer for young school age kids. Her son is a tall/average but very thin 8 year old boy. He is currently in an evenflo big kid booster. The kind that was $29 at Walmart. This morning I saw him in their car and the tops of his ears are definitely over the back of the booster seat. I saw her out and mentioned that she should maybe move the back up a notch and she said it was already up as far as it would go.
Should I asked to look at the seat and make sure it is up as far as it will go? They are lacking money right now so should I try to convince her to go with a backless booster instead? The problem with that being if I could see the back of his head over the booster it is over the top of the back seat of their car. Is there an inexpensive taller high back booster?
I not really sure if even bringing the subject up again would be okay because I don't want to make her mad at me. Should I just drop the subject?

ADS

bnsnyde

Well, today at school there was a backless and NO headrest. We waited around but no one came, so we left. I was just going to point out they could put the headrest back on (it was obvious they'd been removed). It was probably a 4-year-old's seat and maybe he/she was short enough to have support, but then it's another issue of age 4 in a backless. :)

Then another child was put into a backless (she's 4 but as small as a 2-year-old) and NOT buckled. Drove off.
So I too am thinking of perhaps politely showing them how to buckle so her cute little girl is safe. Sweet mom and kids. Just not so good decisions. She also left the toddler in the car alone in a carseat to get the other child. Where do I start? sigh

Sometimes I feel that if I could offer a free seat along with advice, that would be better. How could they get mad? I need to win the carseat lottery.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC