Well padded budget seat

Lenae

Are there any well padded budget seats out there? The comfortsport is well padded right? But otherwise pretty not that great, right? Short shell, 30 lb RF limit, any other faults? How is the padding on the Tribute? Are there any seats I'm not thinking of? I know the Scenera is the most budget friendly and probably the longest lasting, but I'm looking for something with more padding and it doesn't necessarily need to last a long time.

ADS

babyherder

My comfortsport has gracopedic foam in the butt area. Feels like it would be more comfy than the regular vehicle seat.

Pixels

My 36 inch daughter has 1.5 inches to grow in the ComfortSport. Even accounting for possible proportion differences, I believe that any 26 inch child should fit.

christineka

The evenflo titan is pretty padded. It's taller than the comfortsport and rfes to 35 pounds.

Sometimes you can find the dorel 3 in 1s for under $100 and they are often padded.

Lenae

My 36 inch daughter has 1.5 inches to grow in the ComfortSport. Even accounting for possible proportion differences, I believe that any 26 inch child should fit.

DD has roughly a 12 inch torso (slightly less, but close). Is this seat relatively easy to install? I found a good deal on one, and it will basically be a travel and backup seat, so it doesn't need to last forever.

momtoo3

Just looking around quickly it looks like albeebaby is the cheapest for both the comfortsport at $69.99 and the EFTA at $99.99. The EFTA would last a lot longer but is about $30 more right now. Your ds could most likely fit in the EFTA. The EFTA is nicely padded too. Ds2 fit in ours until he was 5 1/2. Here are the links I found:
comfortsport http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-comfortsport-convertible-car-seat-marissa.html
EFTA http://www.albeebaby.com/evenflo-triumph-advance-lx-convertible-car-seat-bouquet.html

Lenae

Just looking around quickly it looks like albeebaby is the cheapest for both the comfortsport at $69.99 and the EFTA at $99.99. The EFTA would last a lot longer but is about $30 more right now. Your ds could most likely fit in the EFTA. The EFTA is nicely padded too. Ds2 fit in ours until he was 5 1/2. Here are the links I found:
comfortsport http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-comfortsport-convertible-car-seat-marissa.html
EFTA http://www.albeebaby.com/evenflo-triumph-advance-lx-convertible-car-seat-bouquet.html

The EFTA is pretty heavy isn't it? This is going to be a travel/backup seat, so I would really like for it to be lightweight.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the titan is way nicer than a comfortsport, and bigger too. If you can score an EFTA for $99 that would be the best choice of course, thats a big nice seat. The avenue/onside air would be another good choice.

momtoo3

According to amazon the shipping wieght of the comfortsport including the box is 15.6 pounds and the EFTA is 22 pounds. I have had both and the EFTA is heavier but also installs super easy both rf and ff and lasts a lot longer. Ds3 is 28 pounds and 34.5 inches and had outgrown the CS but still had several inches in the EFTA. He had more growing room in it than the MA he is in now, it just didn't work for our 3 across.

Lenae

Okay, I'm going to go look at the Titan. I think the EFTA is just too big for what DH wants.

Pixels

The top slots on the cs are about 12in if that helps you judge your dd's fit.

I just measured mine at 14.5 inches. Which makes sense, since my DD has room to grow in it and is well over the third slots of her Radian, which are 12 inches.

I don't think the Avenue is exceptionally padded. The cover has a little cush to it, not much, and there's no foam or anything under the cover.

christineka

What's the difference between the Tribute and the Titan?

The titan's lower slots are a little lower. It has inner harness loops for small babies. I think the top slots are .5 inch higher. The titan comes with infant padding and a very padded cover depending on the model. The titan is wider than the tribute. The shell is a tad taller than the tribute's.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC