I start my CPST course TOMORROW!

hrice

:eek:

I am very excited. :love:

I'm planning on wearing comfy clothes that won't gape or rise and reveal any goodies. And I will take paper and pens for notes. Anything else?

ADS

christineka

No need for paper or pens. They give you pens and pencils, a notepad, you can write in the book, etc. The tests are open book btw.

honeydew

So exciting!!! They should have plenty of pens and your handbook will have room for notes on each page. Let us know how it goes!!

CrazyBoysMamma

Have fun! :2thumbsup: Oh, and I didn't end up needing anything other than my iPhone for amusement when I finished tests in 1/8 the time of everyone else, which you likely will too after being here! ;)

luckyclov

I just finished mine yesterday. It was an "accelerated" course, so it was Tues (8-5), Weds (8-5), and Thurs (8-6 - seat check at the end of the day).

Honestly, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know (except how to use a belt shortening clip). I only had to use the book for 1 question out of the 3 quizzes and scored 100% on all 3. I passed all the skills assessments/evaluations on the first try (you get 3).

There were a few times where the instructor(s) needed to be corrected, but it was mostly about specifics to certain seats, not general curriculum stuff. I did have to keep my trap shut many times, but there were a few times I did speak up.

I took the course with another member, so there was some extra support there, which was nice because we, well, knew more then everyone else and were the only ones who WANTED to be there. Everyone else in the class was law enforcement who HAD to be there - "voluntold", as they put it. There were a few who put in a good effort, but most didn't give a crap and did poorly - and that was really upsetting...since they'll be far more active as techs.

There is room to write in your student manual. You will not need to take heaps of notes. You KNOW this stuff. At our course, they provided the manual, highlighter, post-its, and a pencil. Oh, and a coffee mug. ;)

Bring snacks. Sometimes it's hard to stay awake.

For the seat check, make sure your whole body is covered. Peoples' vehicles, their child seats, and, well, sometimes the actual PEOPLE, are...ummm...kinda icky. As our instructor said, DON'T EVER PUT YOUR HANDS IN SOMEONE'S DIRTY CRACK (seat bight)!:p

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC