Apex or FPSVD?

tjham

I need yet another seat for my 6 yr old, 38 lb. granddaughter.
Her other grandmother is around now and wants a seat for her.
She will have her for short rides maybe once a week.
I offered to get one so I can control what she gets. :eek:

Her mother does not want her in any booster yet, even for short trips.
She is in a MA and FPSVD in various cars and also a Radian.
She has about an 1 1/2" to an inch in the MA type seats.
I had it all figured out to get a Signature Biltmore Apex from Albeebaby for $90 (and have it shipped right to her so my husband doesn't see it :D )
But now I see the FPSVD is $90 at babycenter.com!
I like that seat much better but then again, the other grandma would have the Apex as a booster when she outgrew the harness.
She would not have a booster when she outgrew the FPSVD so another purchase would have to be made.
I don't want to spend as much as a Radian would cost for someone else's car for short rides.

Then again, I still have a Cargo she fits in that the OG could use. How long do you think it will take her to gain 2 lbs?

Give me reasons for what you think I should get! :confused:

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The Apex is such a wide seat. I let AJ use it as a booster through a parking lot once and wow, there was a lot of room. I don't know how you would feel about that w/ her being so petite. I can sit both my boys in there at the same time and they are comfy. ;) I so want to snag one of those FPSV seats too though, GREAT deal! She'll last as long in it as the MA, which at this age should be another year or so height wise. The Cargo isn't the best booster in the world, but would work if need be. I haven't been much help have I?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC