If you won the lottery: your car seat dream

Traquy

I was watching all the kids get dropped off at Preschool today (4 yr old class) and the sorry mish-mash of old seats and boosters (many no-back). I had a little fantasy of winning the lottery and buying 100 Frontiers and 100 convertable seats (which one should I get?), donating them to the local fire department and having a big car seat safety "party" with a free seat to anyone who needs one and installation of each seat. We live in a small town so it would be pretty easy to get word out. If more than 100 showed up, I'd get their name/address and have one shipped to them.

Oh, and a brand new 2011 Honda Element to put our Frontier in :)

If you won the lottery what would your car seat dream be?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd get a foonf. I'm not sure I even necessarily want one, but the only way I could justify the cost is if I won the lottery, so might as well take advantage of the situation.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
If i won the lottery I'd buy 100 HWH seats for our safekids coalition (which have none)...and then i'd buy the new peg perego convertible in leather (because it would match my car) :D

babyherder

Swedish seats (preferably red ones!) so I can rf kids in my car until booster age. I don't have top tethers. Sure, I could get them, but rf Swedish seats would be so much cooler.

jnamommy

I'd want a Foonf too. And probably an oobr for when ds is ready. And maybe a couple more seats....and since I won the lottery and money was no issue, a few more kids to put in said seats ;)

christineka

I'd bribe britax to make the old style parkway with an adjustable width seat.

If I was unsuccessful at that attempt, I'd buy as many maestros and nautiluses as I could for the salt lake safe kids' coalition.

emtb79

OOHHH I like the donate idea. Lots more seats and a new 2012 Ford van to go with it with swivel dvd screens.

Brianna

I would donate seats to WIC and the hospital, and pay for a full time CPST to be on staff for both places. And then buy a Radian and Frontier for me, well for J :)

bnsnyde

Kind of like yours. :)
I'd buy a TON of new seats, all kinds and sizes, and offer them free (in a low-income area) and require that best practice is followed. :) Then require parents to install; then help them correct.

I too watch preschool drop-off, and it's annoying that people have nice cars, and it's a very wealthy district, but the seats are expired or simply a backless booster. And the people drive off BEFORE the wee ones are even buckled into their backless boosters.

One dad even told me today his daughter, now that she's 8, can choose when to use her booster since it's no longer required by law. I think I'd stick her in a Frontier, lol!!! At my free carseat clinic!

amelia222

I would pay people to become techs and start some sort of well publicized seat check program in my province. We currently have next to nothing :( And being able to give everyone who needed them appropriate seats and education.

For myself, a new car so I could get dd a bigger RF seat with more legroom.

PunkyMonkey

I would buy 99 new Britax Blvd 70s to donate to people and 1 new zebra one for us <3 hahaha OMG can't WAIT for the zebra seat :love:

Last edited:

agave

I already have 2 Radians and a Frontier 85 which is a lot more car seat than I thought I'd ever own. I want a new car maybe a Ford Flex, 2 angle adjusters and a new cover for the Radian 80 would be nice. I would make DH go get something car seat friendly and "accidentally" drop the BMW off a cliff or something, if Texas wasn't on fire I might use explosives just for fun. Maybe the Graco MySize for spares in non radian friendly cars, I need to play with one though.

I'd love to get new seats for all the 3 yr olds I see in boosters when I pick the kids up from Mother's day out. I don't know that it would do much good without requiring a safety/installation class first. I've seen some scary stuff.

Pixels

One of everything, please. And a shed or something where they can be safely stored, but where DH couldn't complain about them taking up too much room.

The "good" seats, ones that are my favorite or good for three across, I'll take four or six, so I can have them in both cars.

alake

My fiancee and I grew up in a lower income area, and now that we have started to succeed with our company, we are in the process of starting a charity to provide proper car seats for children where we come from. We haven't quite got it off of the ground, but it is in the process. We are going to provide Graco Nautilus car seats for children who are to little, and riding in NBB due to the price of the seats, and I am not sure what we are going to provide for a ERF car seat yet. This is going to happen in Canada, and the High weight seats all stop at 65 pounds, so a nautilus is a good option. Since we no longer live in the area, we are turning it over to a board of trustees, which will be headed by my best friend, my sister in law, and my mom. This is a passion for all of us, so that is why I have chosen those three.

momtoo3

One of everything, please. And a shed or something where they can be safely stored, but where DH couldn't complain about them taking up too much room.

The "good" seats, ones that are my favorite or good for three across, I'll take four or six, so I can have them in both cars.

:yeahthat: One of each plus storage for them would be awesome. I am tired of hearing dh complain about car seats and strollers everywhere. I don't complain about his tools and Nascar stuff so why is my hobby such a big deal?
I would also buy a new Odyssey to replace my van and a Tahoe to replace dh's car because my van is old and dh's car is too small for us.
After that I would definitely buy seats to donate. Misuse is so bad here :(.

bella_1818

DS goes to a posh private school and most of the moms or nannies drive really expensive luxury SUVs. It really bugs me seeing the 3 and 4 year olds jump out of their expired Britax seats. At least they cover the old seats with awful custom covers. I'm sure that makes it okay :rolleyes:

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I would buy a few Swedish seats (MT, Belogic, Kidzofix), a couple TFPs for my BFF, A variety of seats for my local Safe Kids. If would be fun to be able to just buy a seat for someone when I come across a parent who seems to be in need.

Traquy

I want a new car maybe a Ford Flex, 2 angle adjusters and a new cover for the Radian 80 would be nice. I would make DH go get something car seat friendly and "accidentally" drop the BMW off a cliff or something, if Texas wasn't on fire I might use explosives just for fun.

I was reading this and realized how lame it is that, if money were no object, I would trade in my current Element for a new one. I just can't think of another car I would want instead, mine is so awesome. I would, of course, get it outfitted with a lot of great stuff (nice car seat covers, full detail cleaning once a month, side steps, fog lights etc.) I have NO idea what DH would buy if money were no object. Well, ok yes I do. He would buy a top of the line Mustang...or a classic Mustang restored in mint condition. And a nice pickup truck.

Aurezalia

Fund the design, testing, and manufacture of a new dream seat with a 55lb RF limit, but legal to use in the US. :whistle:

SignCuer

Aurezalia said:
Fund the design, testing, and manufacture of a new dream seat with a 55lb RF limit, but legal to use in the US. :whistle:

She beat me to it :) Yup that's what I would do!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC