Talk to me about dislikes (and likes) of Coccorro

mkmama

I've lusted after this seat for years...but it was always out of my price range, so it was never really a huge issue.

Now, due to something unexpected, it IS in my price range, but at the top of it.

Problem is, newb on the way is the last baby we plan to have (though technically that could change since we are only in our late 20's)...and technically I already have enough seats...I have a bucket (that I sometimes love and sometimes hate) from DS2 that DD1 also used, and we have about a million convertibles floating around -- especially since DS2 will be moving to FF'ing in the near future, that also opens up some seats, so I'll actually need to be selling some even without buying a new seat. Not to mention, once we have 4 kids, we will very rarely, if ever, drive the car as a family so I won't need two full sets of seats for all children any longer.

But....at the same time, I keep thinking I'd really like to have one (it would be my only "splurge" seat ever, as all the rest were needed seats, so I'm really tempted since this is likely our last child)...I dont want to regret never getting to use one. But at the same time, I'm very frugal, so find it hard to buy a seat just because I want it when there is absolutely zero NEED for it.

So tell me WHY you do or don't like the Coccorro, maybe there is something I haven't thought of that might tip the scales :D

ADS

jnamommy

I don't have a Coccorro (yet lol), but I have heard many people on here say they are great for traveling - small and lightweight, and fits on a plane very easily.

bnsnyde

We had one for a few days. The color was too light and it looked like it would get super dirty. I bought it b/c it was small but it didn't fit where we needed it with our 3 in a row. And my kids are huge anyway, lol.

That being said, for the right person and vehicle, I think it'd make an excellent seat.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Not that I own one but you know there is a tech discount on them right? You probably did but I just wanted to make sure.

I did install one in my car when I was taking my CPST class. I love it. All I have to say is I was able to fit 3 car seats across with the coccoro in the mix in my litttle coupe. The only thing I wish they would change is the mesh.

NVMBR02

The only dislikes I have are the cover snags easily and it is outgrown too soon!

I :love: the Coccoro! I don't use ours full time anymore since the RN works better in our 3 across and Dh prefers the Myride in his car but everytime I get to pull the Coccoro out to use I smile!

mkmama

Not that I own one but you know there is a tech discount on them right? You probably did but I just wanted to make sure.

Yep, that's a part of the 'unexpected' LOL

Unfortuantely, 3 in a row really isnt an issue for us...we already have 3 Radians, and in the 2008 Sienna I can do any 3 across I can dream up in the middle LOL.

Though, just realized...its short enough I probably could get it at infant angle behind DH driving -- chalking one up on the PLUS side :D

hrice

I love the Coccoro. It is lightweight and super cute. My 2y3m old is right at the 1" mark so technically he still fits RF. I say GO FOR IT! :love:

Phineasmama

I haven't even used mine yet and I'm obsessed with it lol! I say if you've never gotten to splurge on a seat it's about time ;)

April

Love mine. DD is 16 months and 20lbs and I can still very easily take the entire seat out of the vehicle with her sleeping in it and carry it inside. Easy peasy to install with latch, not always with seatbelt but not the worst. Cover doesn't wash well. I think the biggest downside would be the durability of the cover. Love ours for the compact size, deep sides, portability and overall cuteness.

You do realize that by selling other convetables down the road you'd be recouping the cost somewhat right? I was in a similar situation as you with the whole "last baby syndrome" and I will say that of the few splurges I've made on #5, I haven't regretted any of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

cypress0919

eyeslkethesky5391 said:

I did install one in my car when I was taking my CPST class. I love it. All I have to say is I was able to fit 3 car seats across with the coccoro in the mix in my litttle coupe. The only thing I wish they would change is the mesh.

wait, there is a tech discount on these??? I have been looking at them for a while waiting for the baby to outgrow her chicco. what do I need to do! I'm a cpst!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
DD2 has been in CCOs for over a year. I love them. My only complaints are that I hate the puzzle buckle (makes it hard w/a crying, back-arching baby), and DD used to get her arms stuck in the loops meant to hold the chest clip out of the way. But apparently I'm the only one who's really had that problem. ;) I find it easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

creideamh

Dooooo iiitttttt.

The only thing I don't like is the EPS foam unsticks from the sides and that it can be difficult to install in cars with slippery seat fabric (not just leather.) Oh, and the LATCH hooks are irritating.
Other than that, it's great!! The fabric doesn't bother me (and personally, I think it IS easy to wash), and the seat is SO wonderful for traveling. I also love the Euro routing and the RF tether.

daniele_ut

As a pp said, the only thing I don't like about it is that the cover snags a little easily and mine (Carrot Cake) has a couple of stubborn stains from dirty toddler feet. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite seats ever. It's such a breeze for travel. DD will be 4 in February and she still fits FF with a bit more torso height. I'll cry when she outgrows it and I have to find something else for travel. I'll be happy to have it for DS2, though!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
One of my favorite seats ever.

As others have mentioned, the cover does snag easily, but I don't see that as too huge a deal.

The installation is very "different," but once you get used to it is very easily. I've installed it in a bunch of cars, and I've only found it to be difficult in one.

Pixels

It was completely incompatible with seatbelt install outboard in my car. The outboard belt anchor is enough forward of the bight that it actually had to go back to get to the belt path. There was no way to tighten it down enough that it wouldn't move like crazy. That said, those seating positions have LATCH. But it's something to be wary of if your vehicle has buckles that are at all FOTB. This is the only seat I've ever had a problem with; even seats that are usually difficult with FOTB belts aren't a problem in my car usually.

Even with a LATCH install, I had to climb in my car so I could push on the seat with my hips while tightening. Again, the only seat that has forced me to do that.

It was somewhat flippy, but that was before you could tether it. I'm sure that tethering would take care of the flipping, but then that's an additional step that you have to do to install.

It has no legroom at all. It's short and outgrown early. My DD outgrew the Coccoro well before she outgrew the ComfortSport by height, though she was at the CS weight limit. The harness is wide-set for a newborn and I felt like the straps were falling off DS's shoulders.

Spam

I like the european routing option, it's a great fit in our 00 durango. It's lightweight and good for switching vehicles. It has it's flaws, every seat does, but I like it enough I keep ending up with one even after deciding I didn't *need* it anymore.

honeydew

I love my Coccoro. It fits nicely behind the driver's seat in my Corolla and I have no leg room issues. It's a wonderful travel seat, installed easily on the plane, both FF and RF. I have the Keylime cover and it washes up fine. I just washed it today. I have had some snagging issues but nothing major.

My only issue is that I find it hard to get an older toddler into the seat RF. Madi can't climb in by herself yet so I have to kind of fold her in half and plop her in.

Other than that, I :love: this seat.

crunchierthanthou

It was completely incompatible with seatbelt install outboard in my car. The outboard belt anchor is enough forward of the bight that it actually had to go back to get to the belt path. There was no way to tighten it down enough that it wouldn't move like crazy. That said, those seating positions have LATCH. But it's something to be wary of if your vehicle has buckles that are at all FOTB. This is the only seat I've ever had a problem with; even seats that are usually difficult with FOTB belts aren't a problem in my car usually.

Even with a LATCH install, I had to climb in my car so I could push on the seat with my hips while tightening. Again, the only seat that has forced me to do that.

It was somewhat flippy, but that was before you could tether it. I'm sure that tethering would take care of the flipping, but then that's an additional step that you have to do to install.

It has no legroom at all. It's short and outgrown early. My DD outgrew the Coccoro well before she outgrew the ComfortSport by height, though she was at the CS weight limit. The harness is wide-set for a newborn and I felt like the straps were falling off DS's shoulders.

Why you gotta be a hater? ;)

There are some valid complaints- the cover fabric, the harness a bit wide set for noobs, outgrown early... I'll add one that the EPS foam doesn't stay connected to the shell, and the lower sections of it are prone to breaking (not a big issue except that you can't get replacement pieces).

but for the time we did use it, I loved, loved, loved it. It's small. of course it doesn't last forever. However, it did fit behind my 6'4" dh in a Subaru with the seat all the way back and even reclined a few clicks. It also fit next to just about anything I needed it to. I didn't have any issues installing it, or having it flip forward (and it can now be tethered, taking care of the flipping concerns). and traveling with it? best. thing. ever.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC