Please tell me she'll slow down soon

Ninetales

My daughter is a little over 19 months old. At her last measurements she's 32 lbs and 34 inches. That was one lb and one inch more than the month previous.

I'm really hoping it was a growth spurt and she'll slow down because weight gain at that rate would cause her to outgrow her MR (and pretty much every other seat) RFing by her second birthday. And that's if she doesn't outgrow it by height first. I have to double check with a ruler but she's inching up on the shell a lot faster than I'd like.

I'm not overly anxious yet but I think it would really suck that I am so gung ho about ERF and I may barely get her to the minimum. I have a CA that would have to be used against the manual if she keeps up the height growth, and my only other option for extra weight is a Radian which I don't like.

The growth charts are reassuring, but I look at this kid and she seems to grow in front of my very eyes.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Yes, most kids slow down by age two. :) Soon her legs will start growing more than her torso. She'll lose the toddler shape and her bottom will slim down. She might even potty train in the next 6 months and you'll lose the extra bulk of diapers.

kalamos23

Mine was 36" & 36 lbs at 18m and made it to a week before her third birthday before outgrowing the radian by weight, still can fit by height.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

VoodooChile

My daughter was a chunky baby who had a nearly 13" torso by 16 months. She has pretty much outgrown our Evenflo Titan by height at that time, and I was having visions of needing Regents for every car. She totally slowed down. I haven't measured her torso in awhile but she didn't hit 40 lbs until she was 5 (I was sure she'd hit it by 2 or 3), and at almost 6 ( birthday is today, actually!), wears a 6 slim in jeans.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC