Thinking of FF DS2.

purplemama

He'll be 4 in Nov. He's 30 lbs and I have no clue how tall but he has 2 inches or so of RF room left in the MA65.

The only reason is that I'm frigging sick and tired of trying to fit him in the MA RF. My seatbacks are really upright and he has no room. The XTSL doesn't fit where I want him to sit. It's not looking like another vehicle will happen (guess we'll have to take 2 cars anywhere we go as a whole family). So just waiting it out for a different vehicle fit might not happen. :(

I don't know if he'll FF though. Kid is an odd child, the times I've FF him while playing around with seats and seeing how he'd fit he FREAKED out. He's very immuture for his age, with some stuff he's about 2.5. So he doesn't even understand a FF carseat. To him carseats RF.

Just a ramble about that fact I'm thinking it. So torn about it though. I feel like if he still fits then I should.

ADS

Brianna

Well if it helps your decision at all, NHTSA recs include FF harnessed from 4-7. He'd be quite safe in a properly installed, tethered forward facing seat.

crunchierthanthou

I'd start talking about it now, "when you're 4, your car seat will go the other way." "after your birthday we'll turn your car seat..."

I would have no qualms about turning a 4 year old, whether he still fits rf or not. :twocents:

hrice

I FF Colton right after he turned 3 (for one ride) and he was super nervous at first. He thought we were going to crash. He kept shouting "Mommy watch out! Cars!" It was really funny.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Im right here with you. Ds will be 4 in dec, is 30 lbs, and has like a bazillion inches over his head in the CA. but I'm so done. And he is so cramped. And (I think i live nearish you) the snow is coming, and i dont want to have to deal with snowy muddy feet on my nice new vehicle seatbacks this year. It's different when they are 1 or 2 and you can just carry them to the car all the time..but now he walks everywhere and gets everything so dirty and wet. :(
Sigh

Dh gave me a damn guilt trip though. "It sounds to me like you are choosing convenience over safety. That's not a good choice." :soapbox:

Damnit. Why did i have to convince him? :rolleyes: This is all my fault.

Dorothy

DD will go ffing around 4 yo, bc she will height out of her MR. She's in a Maestro in the other vehicle, and she was upset just yesterday that it didn't "go the other way" like DS's rfing seat. So, I hope it doesn't take her too long to adjust.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

babyherder

With that much room to grow in an MA65 I'd think you could try almost any other seat to find one that you like more if you choose to keep him rf (or he wants to stay rf). But ff would also be a very safe choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC