Looking for Specific Fleece Jacket Recommendations

cat mommy

I'm looking for a fleece thin enough to wear in the car, yet warm enough to walk to/from the car in winter. I'd like it to have a hood and not be too pricey. I'm looking for size 2T. Thanks. :)

ADS

gigi

I've had great luck with windproof 200 weight fleece. LL Bean has one. They aren't cheap but great quality. I think the trick is to get any fleece that fits snugly so there isn't extra fabric. Windproof is warmer, obviously.

I also LOVE the Patagonia puffball for car seat use but that DEFINITELY isn't cheap LOL. It is crazy warm, durable, and less bulk than a fleece. Last year I bought one a size up and it still fit WITH EASE in my son's snug straps...I never loosen them.

cat mommy

We had those Champion ones last year and they worked very well....but they don't have a hood. I really don't feel like having to chase down 2 hats for every single time we get in the car. I might just have to go with the LL Bean ones, but they are pricey--I hate spending that kind of money for something that will only be used for one year and not handed down to a sibling.

bnsnyde

I was looking for the same. Have some Colombia fleece but it does not have the windproof stuff.

So now we have North Face Denali since others recommended those. We have 2T and other sizes so I know they come in the size you'd need.

And we put the Carseat Poncho over that.

GirlFriday

This year I found an adorable Columbia fleece, with a hood and monster mittens at TJ Maxx for $15. Last year was an LL Bean new with tags on ebay. Oh and check the Lands End online outlet, they have some really good deals.

laurenandalex

Not great advice for this year. But I always buy REI ones in the next size, on clearance the previous spring... High quality fleece coats for under $15!!! They are thin, warm, and perfect for carseats-but no hood (we are a hat family anyway!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC