Is this safe?

momtoo3

I am trying to get a booster in dh's car for ds2 because he is almost even with the top slots on his GN. We had his PWSG in there last year but dh couldn't get his hand in between the seats to buckle ds2 in so we went back to the GN. Since ds2 has grown and I had to raise the head rest up on the PWSG it touches the the side/top of the car. It is just resting there in the current position. When I raise it up after he grows again, I will have to wedge it in to make it fit. Is it safe to have it touching, what about wedged?
It puzzles perfectly under ds3's MR but not as great at the headrest.Sorry my pixtures are kind of crappy, it is dark out and ds2 needed me so I had to hurry.
Here it is at the current position, which ds2 fits in now:
005-2.jpg

Here it is in the next position up, where I have to wedge the head rest in:
002-5.jpg

And here is a picture of how it puzzles under the MR, just because:
006-4.jpg

Also is the MR safe when it is on a angle like this? It is rock solid and tethered. The only combo that is working in dh's car (2010 Malibu) is Big Kid nbb, FF MR, PWSG (or GN, which fits perfectly but is about to be outgrown.)
004-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

ADS

Pixels

As long as the MR is independently installed, it's fine if it tilts a bit.

As long as the booster is making appropriate contact with the vehicle seat back and bottom, it's fine that it's wedged.

OT, what MR cover is that? I don't think I've seen that one before.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC