I need to replace 2 seats WWYD?

Mom2three

My mom was in an accident last week and had my Prosport and MR installed. From what she said today insurance said to buy the seats and they will reimburse. I don't really need to replace them since I have plenty of other seats for my kids...but you know, why not. Plus, it's not like they are just cutting us a check that I can put in the bank.

I have
a 2nd MR
TF
GN
XTSL
MA70
CCO
FR85
(AMP, literider, and Vivo for other kids)

I have a small backseat and have had my kids in the CCO and XTSL which is working out great. But DS will outgrow the CCO sooner rather than later. I was thinking another RN for him would be nice. But other than that I don't know what to get because, like I said I don't really NEED anything. Is there anything I should get, just to play with? Anything really cool that is coming out soon? I haven't read through any recent posts in car-seat chat lately.

ADS

Mom2three

Well, it looks like another Radian for sure. My brother's little boy is moving here temporarily (6ish months maybe) and I will be doing a lot of transporting him around. He is lined up to go to daycare with my kids, so daily. But I still don't know what other seat I should get. I do not want another Prosport. It was total overkill for my DD. I found it bulky, awkward, and the open belt path really irritated her back.

jnamommy

What about an RSTV? Then you have it if you needed it down the road. Unless ins would not pay for that?

Mom2three

Great idea. Thanks! I will look into it. Since my mother is dealing with the other driver's insurance she has been giving me information. She is having a hard time understanding the things I am telling her and relaying them to the agent. I am hoping that I can speak to the agent. If I get $ amounts for the seats and say, hey I don't have this kind of cash to just buy them, maybe they will just send a check. But, whether I buy them in advance and get reimbursed, or not, I don't think it matters what I buy. It didn't when I was in an accident and replaced my RN65.

NannyMom

Great idea. Thanks! I will look into it. Since my mother is dealing with the other driver's insurance she has been giving me information. She is having a hard time understanding the things I am telling her and relaying them to the agent. I am hoping that I can speak to the agent. If I get $ amounts for the seats and say, hey I don't have this kind of cash to just buy them, maybe they will just send a check. But, whether I buy them in advance and get reimbursed, or not, I don't think it matters what I buy. It didn't when I was in an accident and replaced my RN65.

I'd say give them print outs of what the seats cost (from online retailers). Don't forget to keep your covers and anything else salvageable, the insurance will likely want the seats.

I like the RSTV idea. Will your Mom need 3 across her car for your kids and nephew?

Mom2three

Both seats were installed, but no kids in them. Can I keep the harnesses?

I highly doubt that my mom will need to do a 3 across. It is unlikely that she would be able to handle all 3 of them and her husband who has dementia. And if she had to, I guarantee she would stay home. That said, a 3 across in her car is easy and can be done with almost any of the seats I own. She really like the old Graco crotch straps/buckles. My 2nd MR and my GN have them, and when she has my kids those are the seats she uses.

Maybe I should get a seat for my brother to use for his DS. My mom is buying a Scenera when she flies out to pick the baby up. His seat was involved in an accident a few weeks ago and his mother didn't replace it. My mom wants to keep the Scenera at her house as a spare when they get back.

momtoo3

I'd get 2 seats similar in price to what you had and then once they issue you the check you can take the one you don't need back. Most stores can look up your purchase without a receipt if you have to submit the original to the insurance. If you have to go get another MR and ProSport you can take them back and get a Radian after you are done with the insurance. Some insurance companies want the same seat and some don't care.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC