Question What seat is your 3+ year old RF in??

Little Ps Mama

DS1 seems close to outgrowing his MR. I *think* he may have an inch left (going to take pics for opinions here soon). We have a CA too but I'm starting to dislike it more and more every day.

What is your 3+ year old RF in?

Do you have any seat recs for me? We plan to RF DS1 for at least another year, and DS2 will probably outgrow his MR sooner than DS1 will (long in the torso), so no problems passing down another seat.

Thanks. :)

ADS

bnsnyde

She used the Advocate CS70 and was really close to outgrowing at 39 inches and 35 lbs., so we switched to the Radian, still RF. She'll be 4 in a month!

(I didn't want to keep measuring or obsessing about her growth with the other seat. I KNOW she has plenty of room in the Radian).

hrice

Colton is 3y3m and has about 4" above his head in the Radian. He has outgrown the next gen Marathon and is right at the 1" mark in the Evenflo Triumph 65. He still has plenty of room to grow in the Complete Air but Dorel has that 40" limit for RF so 2.5" more in overall height and he will max that.

mellysue

DS is 3 1/2 and RF in a Radian. At last check he was 38.5 lbs. I hope he makes it to 4 but if not I'm okay turning him.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
CA here, ds will be 4 in Dec. He also still fits in his AOE, but is getting close to an inch from the top.

What do you not like about the CA?

sharsachan

Bear rides in an Evenflo triumph65 but i'll admit he's smaller than most kids his age, in height and weight

Last edited:

Aurezalia

I don't at the moment, but I had a 4 year old RF'ing in a Radian in my car this summer. He's 80ish% for height, and still had an inch or so of growth room in it.

MonkeysMom615

DS1 (3 years 4 months) rides RFing in a Radian (XTSL) and we have a TrueFit as a spare that he still fits in. He's ~31 pounds and....I have no idea how tall but he has plenty of room above his head in the RN. (I assume he has room in the TF too but he hasn't been in it in months so I can't definitively say.)

I'm on my phone. You know the "typo" spiel.

kalamos23

Mine made it to a week before 3 in the radian (outgrown by weight).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Pixels

DD is 3y5mo and RFs in a Radian, MR, TF, or Avenue. She won't ride in the Avenue or TF for much longer due to the 36" limit on the Avenue and the 35 pound limits on both. She's close enough to the limits, and I have other seats that work for her, so it's not important to push those limits at all. She has a lot of room over her head in all her seats, even the ComfortSport (outgrown by weight).

gsdguenter

DD1 is 4 and rfing in an MT, MR (getting close though), RNXT and XTSL. She also fits rfing in the CA.

mkmama

DS2 sounds like he's about the same height as you DS1...we've got maybe a 1/2" left to grow in the MyRide. He'll be in a Radian full time after he outgrows the MyRide -- DS1 made it to just after 5 years old RF'ing in the Radian before he finally outgrew it by height.

momtotwogirls

My oldest rode rf in a True Fit Premier until right after her 4th birthday. Im hoping my youngest makes it close to 4 in it as well.

msg221

Nour is 3 years, 4 months and still fits RF in the TFP, but then again she is only 28.7 lbs. and about 38 inches. Zain (Nour's twin brother) would fit by height, but has outgrown it by weight. Ethan is 3 years, 2 months and would still fit, with about 1 or 2 lbs. to go before outgrowing it by weight. All of them would still fit in the RNXTSL I have.

lanwenyi

DD is 4 now. She rides rfing in her 2 XTSLs and DS's TFP. She outgrew the Blvd(classic) at 3.5 by torso height. She still fit in the Avenue back in June, but w/o tons of room. I have no idea if she still fits in it.

DD is short for her age (approx 15%ile), but her torso is long for her height (abt average for her age, I suspect).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC