Cybex Stroller?

Kaitsmom

Does anyone have a Cybex stroller? I saw the Onyx Black in purple potion. Im looking for something smaller then my Chicco Cortina, but with a higher weight limit. I was thinking Maclaren, but I love this purple potion!

ADS

love-pink

I couldnt give you a reason to not get a Cybex stroller if I wanted to!! They are awesome strollers and Id choose one over a Maclaren any day if I had a choice between the two!

Dont get me wrong Maclarens are very very nice too but the Cybex strollers really have easy of use in mind ;) The Topaz I had was a ton less tippy than the Quest and Triumph I had. I have a few comparison pictures between the Techno and Topaz in my albums under my profile :D

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I just bought the Ruby and LOVE it! I found them on clearance at a store near me and they only had the Ruby in black and Onyx in purple left. I would have bought the Onyx in green in a heartbeat!

I sold my Maclaren XLR and got the Cybex to replace it. I personally think that Cybex would give Maclaren a run for their money if people would feel comfortable enough to try a different brand. I think the Cybex is a much nicer stroller then Maclaren and is at a very descent price point.

Kaitsmom

What store were they on sale at? Im always up to try new things in purple ;)

Any idea about a weight limit? It came up when I clicked "up to 65lbs."

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
One of the stores near me isn't going to be carrying them anymore (they're sending them to another local store that will be keeping the stock) so they put their very gently tested floor models on clearance.

The weight limit is 55lbs on the Onyx.

I say go for it! The canopy is HUGE and height adjustable! The harness is awesome, it's like a car seat. It's a nice supportive seat and has a generous recline. The handles are not height adjustable but I'm 5'7" and DH is 6' and they are the perfect height for us. I also really like that they sell cup holders for it and you can place one up on the side for your drink and one down low for the LO.

Kaitsmom

Cool, I looked online and our BRU has it, so im going to go check it out. I am going to be buying a stroller as soon as I go back to work. The ironic part is I want a smaller stroller, but a bigger SUV.

love-pink

I bought my Topaz from overstock.com last year for $60 shipped :eek::eek::cool: The handles are adjustable on the Topaz and the Callisto ;)

bbartlettnfld

See this is too funny because I had a Callisto and Hated it! It was a terrible fit for my big guy, I found the seat pan depth of the Callisto to be too short so DS always looked like he was going to slide out. I also found the foot rest to be too far in so Ds's legs were often hanging on the ground.

Maybe it was just a Callisto issue, because I do like their other umbrella styles but I have never tried them.

Dillipop

I have a topaz and really like it. It has the extendable leg rest area and extendable handles. It lays down almost flat and the harness adjustment is pretty awesome. It has an adjuster strap, just like a car seat. The canopy on mine is just OK. It gives adequate coverage, but I would have liked a little more. The stroller is easy to push, even with 40 pound ds in it.

Phineasmama

I have the onyx in purple potion ;) I love it!! It's tall enough so you don't bump your legs on the stroller while you're walking. It's really easy to steer and easy to fold up, has an automatic lock and built in carry strap. I can also use it with my Aton which rocks. I've used it with my 1 month old and my 30 lb 2 yo.

It is a little heavy for an umbrella style but you get more stability too of course.

Oh and I have the Cupholder (sold separately) and it works great.

Kaitsmom

I definatly will go check one out, lol im excited that everyone has great things to say. The BRU that has them is 45 min away, so I cant just stop in one day.

Dillipop

Forgot to mention- I bought the adapter straps for my topaz and was able to use it as a travel system with my companion. It was pretty sweet to have an umbrella stroller that I could use with my infant seat.

Kaitsmom

Thanks, no plans for more kids in the next few years, and I dislike infant seats but uts good to know. I had a Chicco Trevi when my daughter was about 6 months old and loved it for its compact fold. Dh didnt tie the trash bag when he put it and my Cortina in the basement last winter and they got mildewy. I still used the Cortina this summer after a good cleaning, but I want a new stroller. I havent found a real umbrella stroller tall enough for me, im 5'9,to push comfortably, but this one looks great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC