Guess what I put out on the sales floor last night?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
The Diono RadianRXT!

I took some pictures but don't know how to upload them. I'll see if I can figure out how to do it in case anyone wants to see them.

ADS

Pixels

Yeah, we'll hold your hand and tell you step by step how to get those pictures up, if needed.

Can you say what store might have the Diono in stock? :whistle:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You're in Northern VA?! What store?! I'm headed that way on Thursday so I may need to make a stop.

What colors are in stock?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
LOL! I'm working on loading them right now. I think I have it figured out.

Kac- It's at the Buy Buy Baby in Springfield. We have Storm (what's on the floor right now) and are supposed to be carrying Shadow and Daytona in store as well.

honeydew

Hrice and I saw the Diono seats being put out for display today. We were at the Buy Buy Baby in Austin.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Ok. Here they are. They aren't the greatest of pictures as I was taking them with my phone when I was cleaning up last night ;)

So it retails for $339.99 (you can use BBBaby and BBandB coupons on them).

I didn't get a whole lot of time to play with it so most of my notes are very superficial.
- The harness has very thick webbing with very distinct ridges in it.
- As you can see in the picture the buckle is squared off. The tongs are nice and wide and the harnness slides through them very easily. The harness adjuster is also very smooth
- The fabric on the Storm is VERY soft. I'm not sure if I like it or not. There is also memory foam in the seat as well. It kind of reminds me of the Graco Snugride35 in Flint. The majority of the seat is in the soft fabric and the sport/mesh fabric is on the sides of the seat. The infant insert goes under and around the sides of the baby.
- It looks like we really got one of the first runs because the stitching of "Diono" is crooked.
- When the SIP wings are in the highest position they don't lock or click into place and they tend to slide down slightly.
- If you want to do a 3-across you might not be able to use the cupholder on all or some of the seats. If you want the cupholder to sit straight then you have to rotate the side of the seat out to the wider position.
- The belt guide for booster mode is interesting. It is tucked very far behind the SIP wings and because the don't raise any higher then what the original XT did, the seat belt has a sort of bend in it as it goes through the beltpath and then over and around the side of the seat.

October2011004.jpg

October2011007.jpg

October2011005.jpg

October2011008.jpg

October2011006-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jessica61624

It doea look a little taller than the one in the left. I'm really curious if the harness adjuster is easier to pull now.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
It doea look a little taller than the one in the left. I'm really curious if the harness adjuster is easier to pull now.

I didn't raise the wings on the other seat :( I'll try and get some better pics next time I work.
The harness adjuster was very easy right out of the box. I think the thicker webbing will really help minimize the fraying and problems with the strap pulling to the side when snugging it up.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=191177 ;)

It's interesting to see how your set-up differs from ours, though! The Pria is on an endcap - they just sort of shoved it somewhere it would fit. :rolleyes: And the RXT is next to the Symphony/AOE - I guess we have a 3-in-1 area?

It's looks like you and I feel the same way about the seat. If I was in the market for seat I would just snap up a deal on the Sunshine Kids Radian rather then spend $340 on the Diono. Did you also find the seatbelt install pictures in the manual interesting? I noted that they used a vehicle that had rigid belt stalks that were actually set into the vehicle seat somewhat. If all vehicles had seat belts like that we would all be able to have a nice easy seatbelt install with the Radian.

Yeah, the set up of the gear department is quite interesting. We mainly have our convertible and combo seats grouped by brand. I don't work very often but would love to rearrange things some. Our store becomes a war zone on the weekends. It gets insanely messy and chaotic. Yours too? Do you have the B-Agile yet?

I saw the new list of seats that we're going to be getting too. Our location is adding a True Fit, Compass Booster, Peg Perego Convertible, and lot's of new patterns of the Snugride 30 and 35 (the 22 is finally discontinued!!!).

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
So the real question is when are you bringing your kids down to take some action pics for us?? I'm so curious to see the booster fit! :D

Mama2theD

Hmm I wonder if the fredricksburg store has the new seats in!? I may have to take a detour when I go to the state fair next week :)

SignCuer

A trip to BBB is in order tomorrow! :) Probably Babies 1st as well.

However the 50 lb min limit for booster mode is stupid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC