The Diono RXT

Aurezalia

I don't know how many of you were still holding out hope that the booster min. weight would be changed, etc, but probably go ahead and abandon it now. ;)

I was at work tonight, demoing a stroller for someone when, out of the corner of my eye, I catch sight of something. I gasp and freeze in place... (Completely freaking out the customer, may I add. :p)
What was it that I saw?

Why, that would be the RXT, SITTING THERE ON MY SHELF. :jaw:

Of course, my DANGED PHONE WAS DEAD, so I have no pictures. :( But, I took advantage of the quiet night to flip through the manual and wanted to note a few key things for you guys.

1) The 1.5" rule for RF'ing height limit that we've been trying to determine what's going on with, IS in the manual. Officially, the RN now has a 1.5" RF'ing rule, instead of 1".

2) There is no mention of RF'ing angle in the manual at all, not even the diagram with the "45* or greater" that was in the old RN models. Nothing, nada, zilch. Also no mention of the angle adjuster wedge thingamajig. (Wasn't expecting that, though.)

3) There IS a 50lb min weight limit on the booster. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here. :p

As far as the seat goes, I'm pretty meh about it. It's still very similar to the RN, of course, as we saw from the pictures, and I have no need or want for the booster function. The only structural difference is in the flip-out "arm rests" (Which, of course, those of us who use the RN know that those are not exactly arm rests. :rolleyes:), which I found kind of interesting. I didn't really think that flipping them out made a significant amount of greater room in the seat, and they also flip in and out VERY easily, which actually brought to my mind thoughts of SIP - I imagine the child's body hitting that in a side impact and it folding right out. Interesting to think about the differences that could make in a crash. I did like the cupholder. :p You can have 4 on the seat at once, which is funny to me and definitely overkill - I'm imagining they got so many complaints about the lack of cupholder on the RN that they wanted to make sure they REALLY rectified that. :p

As far as the booster, lap belt guide was, well, there. The shoulder belt guide was built into the back of the headwing, NOT at all easy to access. I did have a little concern with bunching/shoulder belt not sliding freely, etc. I guess we'll see!

Basically, I'm excited that hopefully the older RN models get clearanced. Looking forward to that.

ADS

lovemybabies924

i thought about ordering one today until they told me it wont ship until the end of october...no way i can save up money that long haha

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC