got an ollie from nbd :(

NannyMom

I bit, and bought from NoBetterDeal. It seemed to be working well for everyone else. It was "open box". It came with 2 registration cards (different serial numbers), and the reg cards and manual were not attached to the seat :( So... return it?

ETA: It doesn't look used (but i know you can't always tell). And the cover is black...with no lint or anything on it (the material, I would expect something to show if it was used)

ADS

hrice

What did you pay for it?

Honestly if it was a good deal and looks new I wouldn't worry about it.

Do either of the cards match up to the serial number on the seat?

crunchierthanthou

Mine just arrived today. It appears brand new, but the manual is not attached and the registration card is missing. I'd venture a guess I know where mine is. ;)

I wouldn't worry about returning it. Mine is obviously unused.

NannyMom

It was a good deal. Even better than the tech discount. Crunchy, ignore what i said in PM. I read that before I read here, then I re-read the cards. I have your reg card and my card. :)

ETA: I have 1 reg card that matches the info on my seat. The mystery card, I now know is Crunchy's

crunchierthanthou

It was a good deal. Even better than the tech discount. Crunchy, ignore what i said in PM. I read that before I read here, then I re-read the cards. I have your reg card and my card. :)

ETA: I have 1 reg card that matches the info on my seat. The mystery card, I now know is Crunchy's

:ROTFLMAO: I'm glad you posted.

hrice

That is too funny!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
That's amazing!

Now you can fill out the card for Crunchy and send it in. :p

Seriously, I'm less nervous about boosters than car seats. There's just a lot less there to go wrong. If you look it over and it appears unused and undamaged, I would personally use it and not even think twice. Not that I'd go out and buy a used booster with an unknown history, and I know that there is some structural integrity involved for a booster to function at optimum performance, but the primary function is just to boost the kid up to seat belt level. I mean, look at the bubble bum. That performs just fine in crash tests and it's a freaking inflatable pillow!!! Surely even a hard plastic booster with very small, unseen, microscopic damage would still perform as well as an inflatable pillow even if it wouldn't perform as well as an undamaged one.

I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over the Ollie. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC