News Maine raises speed limits on I-95

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Maine will raise speed limits on the portion of I-95 between Old Town and Houlton from 65 mph to 75 mph, with signs to be unveiled Oct. 4, 2011. To compare speed limits in all states, go to http://www.iihs.org/laws/speedlimits.aspx.

7PDbWL1ndTE

More...

ADS

thepote

Lots of flat potato fields through there... it's more "the middle of nowhere" than anyplace I've been. DH got a ticket for doing 75 in a 65 when we were driving through on our way to Phish's IT festival outside of Houlton, so it's funny to me that they did this :rolleyes:

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
As someone who drives that stretch (well, part of it) at least once a month I can kind of understand this. There aren't many vehicles on the road at any given time and people already go around 80. Kind of frightening though because if they already drive 15 over the current speed limit it makes me wonder if they will now go even faster with the increased limit...

cupcakepirate11

i've never driven all the way to Houlton but understand why they would raise the speed limit on that stretch of road. When I was driving out west and the speed limit was 75 I felt like I was committing a crime for going so fast! I hope they impose SERIOUS fines for people speeding over 80

agave

I've seen the speed limit go from 65 to 85 on I-10 in West TX I drove it a lot in college and at least once a year now. There are a LOT less people speeding now except the trucks, they are still scary fast. I prefer 75 to 80 in my car. When I got the ticket for 80 I had lost a fight with my friend's cruise control I just couldn't get it to stay on and my foot had a weight in it that day, I think the speed limit was still 70 then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC