Britax latch strap loosening

honeydew

My friend has a Marathon65 installed FF in a captain's chair in her Honda Odyssey. She mentioned that it seemed the latch strap had some slack in it and that she had tightened it up last week. I checked and there was definite slack in the strap and the seat had more than 1 inch of movement at the belt path. We reinstalled with the seatbelt and she's calling Britax today. Has anyone else had this problem?

Her install was tight previously and her child has not touched or kicked the latch straps.

ADS

gagenivy

That stinks! I hope they get it fixed soon! I have an issue with the top tether on my advocate 70 CS. It loosens up on it's own.

VoodooChile

Bummer! I have 2 MAs and I've never had an issue with the LATCH straps on either. I've always had good experience with Britax Customer Service, though, so I hope they help her out.

cupcakepirate11

the only thing i can think of is that the tabs you push down to loosen the straps are still open so they loosen over time. I would double check that and see what Britax says.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC