Deciding what to do next

christineka

(My other thread is more time sensitive, so check that one first, please!)

6 yo will soon outgrow the marathon. I'm fine with her in a booster. My 8 year old has some time left before the radian is outgrown. He is NOT fine in a booster in the van, surrounded by siblings. I'm kinda wishing that I had kept one of those cheap frontiers I've had. Next time, maybe I will. For now, it's not in the equation. I went through trouble to get the radian rear-facing at a good angle for ds2. I want him rfing and the only seat we have for him is the radian. (We have two.) My dd1 and dd2 insist on being in their parkways, but if need be and it's safe to do so, I am willing to move them to nothing or even backless boosters. Dd3 is small and can fit in any rfing seat. Dd3's marathon expires soon as well.

Here are my seats:
radian 1- for ds1
radian 2- rfing for ds2
classic marathon
true fit premier

3 old style parkways
vivo
2 literiders
bodyguard

My 10 and 11 yos fit the seatbelt the same. I do have adjustable headrests in all locations. Here's dd on either side of the third row. What do you think?
csbpassngersside.jpg

csbdriversside.jpg

The middle belt is currently non-functional, but the shoulder belt is not height adjustable like the side ones, so I don't think it'll work well anyway. The back is very tight. I will not put my 2 or 4 yos in the third row. I've been there, done that and will not do it again.

ADS

hrice

I think they still need a booster. How is the shoulder belt fit in a backless in those positions?

christineka

It's good with the backless. The issue is fitting them and being able to buckle. We may have to do the rstvs for full time restraints. The older three can do them up themselves.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC