What do you think?

What should I do? Travel seat question...

• Get the Evenflo Confidence now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait-if dd outgrows MA, buy Evenflo

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Wait-if dd outgrows MA, buy other seat (which?)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Wait-if dd outgrows MA, take Bodyguard (how?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hsjwmom

We are planning a flight up to Pennsylvania this fall. DD1 rides in a Regent and DD2 is in a MA. DD2 is pretty close to the top slots right now. I'm hoping she can stay in there until AFTER our trip, but I'm a bit doubtful. I have a highback TurboBooster and a Bodyguard for dh's vehicle. I was hoping I could just bring the TB for dd1 (bottom in carry-on, top in luggage) and the MA for dd2 because the BG doesn't come apart.

So here what I'm thinking about: Should I get one of the Evenflo Confidence boosters from BRU while they have them on clearance? Or wait and see if dd2 still fits in her MA? If she doesn't, I would then have to buy another hbb anyway. I hate to buy the Evenflo because I already have 2 perfectly good boosters that don't expire for a few years! Or do you think there is some way of packing the BG where I wouldn't have to worry about damage?

BTW, I won't just get a lowback booster because we are going to be on some seriously curvy, narrow, country roads that people FLY on.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I would wait & save towards a Graco Airbooster -- deeper head wings, adjusts taller & has deeper leg support....

Loves2sing

If you are considering spending the money on another seat anyway, have you considered the Radian? It seems to be a love it hate it seat, but it was a dream on our flight last week. Super easy to install, (FF anyway, no way was there room for RF) and dd could still use the lap tray. The 65 isn't too pricy, and it would keep your dc harnessed a little longer at home too. If the roads are as fun to drive on, (Whoops!:whistle: ) I mean DANGEROUS as you say, then I would personally feel better with my child in a 5 point.:twocents:

hsjwmom

Amanda,

I have a Toyota Sienna and the Radian has install issues with it :( I had thought about selling our MA and spare cover to get one. When dd outgrows her MA, I'm pretty sure I'm getting her a Regent. I had considered one of the new Recaro's, but I don't think I want a seat that sits so high on a base. We are planning #3, but I have a RA that I'm holding onto for it. So I don't really need a convertable seat. (Ok, truth? I think the Recaros are ugly. Madison is SOOO pretty :D ) If it weren't for all the Radian install issues, I might have got one, but I don't see spending that much on a seat that I wouldn't be able to use for that long. Dh would KILL me! LOL It's too bad, because I really would prefer dd to be in a 5 point on those roads, but at least it won't be winter weather. Ehh. She's already 5 and over 40lbs. She'll be fine.

Tiffany,

The Airbooster comes apart, right? Uhg. I guess there really is no way to take the BG. Oh,well. It's a pain in the behind to use the lap lock offs!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC