Britax Roundabout or Britax Marathon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

My 6-month old son is over 20 lbs and will outgrow his Graco Passage travel system infant seat very soon. I'm trying to choose a convertible seat to go in a 2001 4-door Honda Accord, and I think it's between the Marathon and the Roundabout. The price difference is not a huge issue but I worry that the Marathon will take up too much space in the car. On the other hand, I do like that the Marathon goes to 65 lbs instead of the Roundabout's 40 lb limit. Although my son is very large for his age now, my husband and I are both average size, and I think my son's growth will taper off to average in time. What do you all suggest?

ADS

Ahzryn

Marathon. I just can't think of a single reason to get a Roundabout. The MA fits in the same space as a RA, and often times fits in even tighter spaces because of the way the seat sits up behind the front headrests, vs. into it like the RA. The extended ff harness weight, and extended rf shell height, really make it a more economical choice.

all together ooky

The Marathon is a better bang for the buck. It should fit fine and because it's tall you will be able to rear-face for the entire 33lbs. You can install it more upright than the 45 degrees you're probably used to hearing. 45 degrees is only for newborns with no head control. Older babies and toddler can be much more upright. Carseats tend to be outgrown by height before weight. So most children outgrow the Roundabout before they hit 40lbs. Too small for a booster. So then you'd have to buy another carseat. Marathons will usually last children to 45-55lbs before it's outgrown by height.

Another good choice would be the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe $129 www.albeebaby.com Made by Britax. Pretty much the same as a Marathon without the RF tether, and built-in lockoffs. It RF to 33lbs, FF to 55lbs.

By the way, we LOVE our Marathon.

cryswilkins

I love my MA and we have a 99 Honda Civic and it fits just fine RF outboard and center. Its a better value than the RA. That being said if the MA adjusted like the RA it would IMO be PERFECT. I love the was that our RA adjusts so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC