Evenflo Symphony 65

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I had an Evenflo Symphony come into a check today and it is my new favorite Evenflo seat. :love::love::love: I just had to post to say that.

Easy install, solid seat, etc. I am pretty sure I want one now but I'm going to try and hold back.

ETA: Has anyone used this seat for ERF an older child? Pics?

Last edited:
ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
RF can only be used on the lowest 2 headrest positions... DD4 outgrew that before 3 :( She is tall, but not outrageously tall. We still have it, TJ doesn't love it, so it is a secondary seat that may be re-homed sooner rather than later...

Reactions: Kac

Kac

RF can only be used on the lowest 2 headrest positions... DD4 outgrew that before 3 :( She is tall, but not outrageously tall. We still have it, TJ doesn't love it, so it is a secondary seat that may be re-homed sooner rather than later...

So can the headrest go above the shell at all for RFing? Or are the lowest 2 still within the shell? The one I installed was for a tiny nine month old.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Within the shell :( DS is 16 months and already on the second click, though still has room to grow... I can take pics once DH's car is here :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's a nice seat, but everything it does is short. A tall 16 month old will be outgrowing the seat rear facing. A tall four year old will outgrow the harness. Piper is NOT a tall kid, and outgrew the booster at six. So nice for what it does, and great for little kids, but average and tall kids aren't going to get a lot of use out of any mode.

Wendy

Dmcj13

My husband really wants one of these.. is the rear facing height less than the triumph? I would love to see pictures too if anyone has some.

Kac

It's a nice seat, but everything it does is short. A tall 16 month old will be outgrowing the seat rear facing. A tall four year old will outgrow the harness. Piper is NOT a tall kid, and outgrew the booster at six. So nice for what it does, and great for little kids, but average and tall kids aren't going to get a lot of use out of any mode.

Wendy

Darn. :( It was such a solid seat with easy LATCH and a perfect angle. There's always more little things that I find that make the seat unusable for me.

Mommy0608

I had one for a while and really loved the seat (other than the cumbersome SureLATCH connectors). My DS used it RF until he was about 2.5 years old, closer to 3 years. I sold it at that time, but he still had about 1/2" of height room and another 2lbs to fit RF. He's an average sized kid as far as I know. At his 3 year check up he was 38" and 33lbs. No idea what his torso size is but he's wearing 4T shirts.

I probably have some pictures somewhere... I'll have to add them later if I find them.

mominabigtruck

Check out the momentum. It has the surelatch and infinite slide harness but loads more room. My average size 2.5yo has tons of room in it rfing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC