help me!

lovemybabies924

all carseats i put baby in except for infant carriers DD seems to be able to squirm one shoulder out of even when shes properly tightened in...anyone have this problem? its like her shoulders pop out or something..its weird!

ADS

lovemybabies924

nope no pics...i didnt think to take one...shes petite and its driving me nuts..i imagine it while driving (that her shoulder came out)

lovemybabies924

she seems better in the britax w/no pads..but she gets a raw neck from the side she leans too..i think she needs more body support to not slump or something...but so far i have had shoulder problems of some sort in:

TF & TFP
Britax RA55, Advocate70
scenera & onside air unless i go to the slot thats just above her shoulders but im not a fan of doing that... shes perfect in the cco..so im gonna use that..but im waiting to hear back about the chunk of foam missing :rolleyes:

lovemybabies924

momtoo3 said:
The new MR65 has a redesigned infant padding that would offer her support and prevent her from leaning so much. The TFP is horrible for narrow kids. Ds3 did not fit well until he was 2 yrs and 25 pounds.

I should look into one

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

SignCuer

Oh yes... Yani fits horribly in the TF.. she's narrow shouldered. Right now the Cosco Scenera fits her the best. I'm planning to get the Combi Shuttle 33 which fits her great. I have tried her in the new generation Britaxes and they are a better fit for her, however, I'm not too crazy about the Britaxes :duck: :) so hopefully she'll last a long while in the Combi Shuttle.. (throughout the winter please :)) then we'll re-evaluate at springtime.

T4K

lovemybabies924 said:
I should look into one

My daughter is 17 lbs and fits beautifully in the MR65. I don't know how much yours weighs but I can get pics of N if you want.

After seeing her in the MR, I realized how poorly the RA50 fit.

lovemybabies924

She's 17lbs in a diaper, 27"long ... She's 45th percentile height, 25th weight, and 95th head circumference lol

canadiangie

I put my 1yo in the TF the other day and the fit was shockingly horrible. I couldn't keep the harness on her shoulders for anything.

The MyRide is 100% fine.

The classic BV was mediocre at best. (I gave it to my mom, I just have no use for it anymore)

The RN is even touch and go because she's still usin the 2nd set of slots which are angled iirc.

So yeah, MyRide for us. :)

Pixels

I find that the three keys to keeping the harness on the shoulders are:
Proper harness tightness. Too loose or too tight will allow/cause the shoulders to come out.
Proper chest clip placement. A little too low and the child can wiggle out.
Harness as close to the shoulders as possible.

DS is in a TF and as he grows I take the infant insert out and put it back in again to keep the harness as close to his shoulders as possible. When it starts becoming a problem, I put the insert in (or take it out, if it was in), adjust the harness height if necessary, and it's much better.

T4K

lovemybabies924 said:
She's 17lbs in a diaper, 27"long ... She's 45th percentile height, 25th weight, and 95th head circumference lol

Our kiddos have very similar measurements :)

You will be pleased with the MR. Maybe you can hold out for the new and improved version coming out!

jess71903

Ambassador
I find that the three keys to keeping the harness on the shoulders are:
Proper harness tightness. Too loose or too tight will allow/cause the shoulders to come out.
Proper chest clip placement. A little too low and the child can wiggle out.
Harness as close to the shoulders as possible.

DS is in a TF and as he grows I take the infant insert out and put it back in again to keep the harness as close to his shoulders as possible. When it starts becoming a problem, I put the insert in (or take it out, if it was in), adjust the harness height if necessary, and it's much better.

I find this especially helpful for the TF because of the way the harness comes through the shell. The thing the harness actually goes through is connected to the yellow knobs an set really far back in the shell. I have a hard time judging where the harness actually is without sticking something in the slot. I was thinking DS would never make it to the next slot up, but when I put something actually in it, he was there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC