Another new Scenera!

ADS

bnsnyde

I don't want to be impolite so no comment, I guess.

I will just say I really like my current colors, lol.

Yep, maybe some people will love it.

love-pink

I think its definitly is a "to each their own" type of seat but so is a bright pink seat :rolleyes: And if it keeps a little boy or girl harnessed correctly in dads, grandpas or even moms vehicle Im all for it. My family is full of hunters and I love any cover that will hide dirt so Im going to get one as an extra. ;) Perfect light weight seat I wont have to worry about if it gets smudged or eaten in!

mominabigtruck

I don't understand why evenflo can't get on board with some cute convertible carseats.

Or cosco can't get with the program and put eps in the scenera just like every other seat. I mean it's cute and everything but I just have a really hard time recommending it as it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dorothy

I actually think its kinda cute, and I am NOT a camo fan. I usually cringe when I see it. I showed it to DH, and he said it makes him want to gag. He doesn't like camo stuff, either. This, apparently, is no exception. And, as much as I chuckle at the Walmart stereotype jokes, I'm thinking this could have a positive impact. Walmart is sometimes the only box store in rural areas. Rural areas attract wildlife enthusiasts. If this aesthetic appeals to such an audience and gives an incentive to keep little kids properly restrained, then YEAH! Same goes for the much maligned Embrace seats. KWIM?

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

tjham

I really like the boy one, but the girl one is kind of strange, and I like pink/brown. The huge dead leaves with the pink are ewww. I would have to go through several to try to get one with fabric where no dead leaves showing. :p

3acorns4Christy

It's very similar to the Mossy Oak print that the Britax Marathon has sported. That I own.

I like it and it would look great in my DH's truck. I just don't like that seat, I like the pattern.

I am NOT a redneck, nor backwoods, nor any other 'country' term you would like to say who would like this seat. We are outdoor nature people and I think its cool.

mominabigtruck

It manages to pass the same tests as the seats with the EPS foam. Blow molded plastic was what there was before EPS foam. EPS foam in car seats is relatively new.

So are 5pt seats and I think we can all agree they're safer. It's like evenflo and the 3t discovery, they hung on to that seat way past when everyone else was doing 5pt seats and I imagine it's because they were so cheap to make and popular at the marts.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the as safe thing when obviously every other csm thinks that eps is important enough to put in their seat and a pink camo cover isn't going to be a good enough reason to buy one.
Posted via Mobile Device

hrice

mominabigtruck said:
So are 5pt seats and I think we can all agree they're safer. It's like evenflo and the 3t discovery, they hung on to that seat way past when everyone else was doing 5pt seats and I imagine it's because they were so cheap to make and popular at the marts.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the as safe thing when obviously every other csm thinks that eps is important enough to put in their seat and a pink camo cover isn't going to be a good enough reason to buy one.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is no proof that seats with eps are safer than those without. Until we have proof otherwise it is unfair to judge. It is also unfair to make a parent feel that a $39 Scenera isn't good enough when it's all they can afford.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
There is no proof that seats with eps are safer than those without. Until we have proof otherwise it is unfair to judge. It is also unfair to make a parent feel that a $39 Scenera isn't good enough when it's all they can afford.

:yeahthat:

Not everyone can afford to spend $200+ on a seat. As a CPS advocate you are not doing their child any favors by saying bad things that you have no evidence to back up. This is where people get the "I can't afford something that's good enough so why even try" attitudes. I would rather see a child in a brand new Scenera than a $300 Britax seat with an unknown history. No amount of EPS foam can make me trust a used seat. Find me some evidence that EPS foam is safer and I will change my mind. Blow molded plastic is safe or companies would not be able to use it.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC