Question Can I disassemble the HBTB?

gigi

I'd like to take my HBTB completely apart and store it in its original box, but it didn't pull apart easily and this isn't mentioned in the manual. Can I separate the 2 back pieces?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
what black magic do you have? because for most of us, the damn back of the turbo falls off every time we move it :)
Yes, you can separate the base from the back, it's fine, it's designed to come apart (and you can use just the bottom as a backless booster after your child outgrows the highback portion)
I'm not sure what you mean by "2 back pieces?" There is a bottom portion, that the child's butt sits on, and the back portion. There is an adjustable headrest, but it is not removable from the rest of the back part. There would be no space benefit to doing that anyway, simply adjust it down to it's lowest setting, and that is as small as it gets, and that is the way it comes in the box. :)

mama2girls

No, the back comes in two pieces out of the box. I'm not sure how you would get the headrest part back off again. Have you tried getting it back in the box the way it is?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you sure you're not talking about the Nautilus? Unless I'm not remembering right, the Turbo only has the two pieces.

Qarin

No, she's right, the headrest is definitely a separate piece, and some are shipped with it off. The HBTB at my parents' house stopped holding its headrest position, and when I called customer service they sent out a new head piece- as I recall, it did take some finagling to get the headrest all the way off, but it did get there.

ElfJewel

The headrest is removable. I had a problem with mine and they replaced just the headrest, and the old one came right off. I don't think it would be a problem to store it that way as long as you put it back together correctly before you use it again.
You just push the adjuster button and wiggle a little to get it to come off.

gigi

I think I got some new model of HBTB because the back doesn't fall off and was in fact very tricky to separate from the base. The falling apart was my biggest problem with the turbo, so i'm happy about the change.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try again to pull it apart.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Oh sorry,...i got distracted..but to take it off, let it fall ALL the way back...unless that somehow doesn't work anymore?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC