Dorel's Dual Level Line!!! YES!!! (Answers to many prayers I believe)

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ooh yay! Its a carseatblog picture....do we have any more info? at all? anyone? Who took it? hellooooo??

creideamh

"No official retroactivity" booooo. Still though, I think I'll be comfortable using my CA more upright now with that sticker on the new ones.

Jessica61624

creideamh said:
"No official retroactivity" booooo. Still though, I think I'll be comfortable using my CA more upright now with that sticker on the new ones.

I agree. I still wouldn't buy a CA unless they have the sticker.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I posted this question on FB, but I would love to know if they'd trade a new CA for my old one. I honestly believe my CA is defective because the line installs it at a 53° angle. From talking to lots of other people who have the same angle, I think they've got a mold in the factory that has the line at the wrong angle.

I would much rather have one that has the line in the right place, but I've been waiting to bug Dorel about it to see what they were going to do about the angle issue. Even better would be to have one like this that has the dual-angle lines.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I wonder if it is like one mold or something? Because my CA is basically 45 degrees at the line. I actually use it at like 30 degrees *cough* but IIRC,.even when he was an infant, and I used it at the line, it wasn't THAT reclined.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My guess is that they have one or two faulty molds out there.

I wish I could get a few CAs side by side to compare the level lines.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
ooh yay! Its a carseatblog picture....do we have any more info? at all? anyone? Who took it? hellooooo??

I took it;-) Kecia has better photos but here's a zoom of mine. Keep in mind this is a sample label and you will observe it is taped on for demonstration. It's not necessarily a production model and so the label and positioning may vary slightly when it starts to ship. Plus we were tilting it back and forth by hand and so the recline of the seat may vary among photos.

Our intent is just to let you know that they did hear the comments on the topic and are working to resolve the issue. From what we understand, this will not be retroactive and it will only be on a few models, including the Complete Air. Kecia will have more details soon!

Sorry, I have no other details other than what Kecia remembers!

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 77

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm sure they won't make it retroactive, since it's a sticker that goes on during assembly.

However they have stated that the Complete Air passes as upright as 30 degrees.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I'm sure they won't make it retroactive, since it's a sticker that goes on during assembly.

However they have stated that the Complete Air passes as upright as 30 degrees.

I really wish the would make some sort of official statement. It's problematic at checks to say "they posted on Facebook that it was okay", but not have anything more official than that.

Jessica61624

monica-m said:
I really wish the would make some sort of official statement. It's problematic at checks to say "they posted on Facebook that it was okay", but not have anything more official than that.

It's on their website iirc.

Brigala

CPST Instructor

Especially since they did NOT post that it was "okay." They posted that it had passed crash tests, but then they repeated that the level line MUST be followed and that if you can't achieve the full recline in your vehicle they "cannot recommend" that you use the car seat for rear-facing.

Ninetales

Brigala said:
Especially since they did NOT post that it was "okay." They posted that it had passed crash tests, but then they repeated that the level line MUST be followed and that if you can't achieve the full recline in your vehicle they "cannot recommend" that you use the car seat for rear-facing.

Yeah, that. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC