That Kiddy seat needs to come out SOON!!

rxmommy

I don't suppose they were at ABC? Or if anyone has gotten any updates??

Sophie is soooo close to outgrowing her RA40 rear-facing in DH's truck. I have no desire to FF her any time soon. He would love to turn her right this minute - you know, the side of the seat says 1 and 20. :rolleyes: It expires in May, she may not make to May though unless her stumpy legs start to grow soon. LOL

If it's not too wide to fit, that might be a great seat to FF her in in his truck. She probably rides in there an average of 3 times a month. We've got an old Boulevard I'll probably put in there (rear-facing) instead....if it fits....and DH and I both hate how tough it is to adjust RF so he'd just keep whining!

ADS

StPaulMom

They're "projected" to come out in Dec. But of course, that was what they said after they were supposed to come out in August :) So, who knows LOL! I'm waiting (not so patiently) too!

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
kiddy commented on their facebook that they are waiting for NHTSA's green light...and that they should start production in November or December

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
eyeslkethesky5391 said:
kiddy commented on their facebook that they are waiting for NHTSA's green light...and that they should start production in November or December

I saw CarseatBlog's comment about that and I'm a bit confused. I thought companies self-certify, and then NHTSA does its own testing when it gets around to it. I didn't think NHTSA approved before hand.

Have I been mistaken all along? Is there something different in this case? Are the numbers borderline and they want to make sure they don't face a recall later? What's up?

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
I have no idea...i'm just going to assume that nhtsa wants to do more testing since this is the first seat of its kind in the US...but other than that I have no clue

Pixels

Yeah, that makes no sense to me. Companies self-certify. Then, eventually, NHTSA purchases seats the same way you and I do, and tests them. If they fail, then they are (supposed to be) recalled. There's no NHTSA pre-approval with seats in the US.

I believe the Canadian government (TC?) certifies seats before they go to market. But not in the US.

rxmommy

On their main home page, it says 3rd quarter 2011. That's almost over, of course. Then in a blog post it says November. So who knows really, especially if they aren't going to start production until Nov/Dec. And then I'm looking forward to a seat I don't even know the price point on and it might not even be something I want for an occasional use!

hrice

rxmommy said:
On their main home page, it says 3rd quarter 2011. That's almost over, of course. Then in a blog post it says November. So who knows really, especially if they aren't going to start production until Nov/Dec. And then I'm looking forward to a seat I don't even know the price point on and it might not even be something I want for an occasional use!

The Kiddy World Plus is $269 I believe.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I saw CarseatBlog's comment about that and I'm a bit confused. I thought companies self-certify, and then NHTSA does its own testing when it gets around to it. I didn't think NHTSA approved before hand.

Have I been mistaken all along? Is there something different in this case? Are the numbers borderline and they want to make sure they don't face a recall later? What's up?

Yeah, I don't really know what's going on myself. But I do know it's been tested. It's possible that they're waiting for paperwork to be approved or something like that. NHTSA does it's own sample test on random seats. I remember other manufacturers talking about waiting on NHTSA, so it's not unusual.

Pixels

I asked them about it on FB. They said they are doing "do-diligence" [sic] testing because it is new technology to the American market.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC