Planning ahead, want 7 seats...

Yibis

Hi all,

We currently live abroad and have an Opel (Chevy) Astra station wagon. It's on the small side with technically 3 seats in the back but kinda narrow. We are expecting our 3rd baby in March 2012. I went to a baby store and found a seat combination that works in the car for 3 kids but I know that we'll need an extra seat or two for guests/kids in the near future. We often travel with a grandma or friend now and I know that we'll miss having that extra seat when the baby comes.

So my question is: Which 7 or 8 seat cars are safe (especially in the rear crumple zone), get a good fit for 3 car seats, and have easy access to the 3rd row? Storage is always important too as we travel a lot. Oh! and easy to park as parking lots in Europe are made for compact cars, not big honkers, you know? Not asking for much, am I?? ;)

We had a company car last year, VW Sharan, that was new and seemed great but is expensive for our personal budget. I'd like to start a search, any ideas for us?

Thanks!

ADS

Neatfreak

That is sort of a hard question to answer without knowing what 7 or 8-seat models are available in your part of the world! Are there any that you are considering?

Yibis

We had a VW Sharan last year for work which comes with 5 full sized seats and you can add 2 more easily. Opel Zafira was a 7 seater I've seen around but it seems hard to get into/out of the 3rd row and has no storage with all 7 seats. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxR0XmpBj3Q"]Opel Zafira Video Review - YouTube[/ame] (from 48 sec)

We have the usual makers Honda, Hyundai, Opel (GM), VW... I think most are similar to what you would have but modified to meet European needs. If you just tell me the favs in the US, I could start there and see if there are comparable ones here from the same makers. Sometimes they just have different names...

THANKS!

Yibis

After I sent the last reply, I remember seeing this 7 seater list from a rental company that deals with various European countries.

-Ford S Max 5+2 seater
-Vauxhall Zafira 5+2 seater
-Volkswagen MultiVan
- Volkswagen Caddy 5+2 seater
-Mitsubishi Grandis 5+2 seater
-Citroen C4 Picasso 7 seater
-Kia Sedona 5+2 seater
- Mitsubishi Grandis 5+2 seater
-Mitsubishi Grandis 5+2 seater
-Volkswagen Touran 5+2 seater
-Ford Galaxy 7 seater
- Chrysler Voyager
-Fiat Ulysee
- Citroen C8
- Toyota Previa
-Toyota Ipsum 7 seater
-Renault Espace
- Volkswagen Sharan 7 Seater

At least it's a start :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC