Can this foam be replaced?

msg221

I borrowed a Graco Safeseat from my stepdaughter Kristy, for my co-worker's grandson since Chase is no longer using it. I was taking the cover off so I could wash it, and found that the foam is torn. Any idea if it is replaceable?

P1030666-1.jpg

It is held in place by some small plastic buttons, and I'm not sure if they can easily be popped in and out. It's right there to the left of the harness slot:

P1030670-1.jpg

ADS

msg221

I actually just called and found out that the foam piece I thought I needed isn't it at all and that the foam piece I need is no longer a replaceable part! Why would Graco no longer carry replacement parts for a seat that is only halfway through it's usable life? I am really irritated. So now they tell me to not use the seat anymore so I basically have a useless car seat that is otherwise in near perfect condition! They did e-mail me a rebate. If I buy something that is at least $20, they will send me a $20 rebate; if I spend $100 or more, I will get $40 back.

I have to make the purchase by November 27, 2011. When is the My Size going to be released????

ame0312

did graco say its unusable like that? if it was me, id probably just tape or glue it... its just comfort foam... jm2c :)

xursusmaritimusx

I actually just called and found out that the foam piece I thought I needed isn't it at all and that the foam piece I need is no longer a replaceable part! Why would Graco no longer carry replacement parts for a seat that is only halfway through it's usable life? I am really irritated. So now they tell me to not use the seat anymore so I basically have a useless car seat that is otherwise in near perfect condition! They did e-mail me a rebate. If I buy something that is at least $20, they will send me a $20 rebate; if I spend $100 or more, I will get $40 back.

I have to make the purchase by November 27, 2011. When is the My Size going to be released????

i think they were not understanding you on the phone... cos on their site, the foam you need is available but the EPS foam is not?

but like another poster said... you can probably just tape it... its for comfort... it doesnt affect the seat... i'd just be careful when you do repair it so that you dont in anyway interfere with the harness etc

aetj81

Im waiting on the mysize as well, production begins in feb :) im wondering how the foam got tore??

Sent from my LS670 using Car-Seat.Org

msg221

did graco say its unusable like that? if it was me, id probably just tape or glue it... its just comfort foam... jm2c :)

Yes, the Graco CSR told me not to use it. I asked her about taping it, and she said no.

i think they were not understanding you on the phone... cos on their site, the foam you need is available but the EPS foam is not?

but like another poster said... you can probably just tape it... its for comfort... it doesnt affect the seat... i'd just be careful when you do repair it so that you dont in anyway interfere with the harness etc

I know. I saw that too. So I called them back, got a different rep on the phone, gave her the part number (it shows it after you put it in your cart and go to checkout) and she also told me that the foam I want is NOT a part they carry! In fact, she said that the foam listed online is the foam that is in the seat part, under the baby's butt. I would love to order that part and see what shows up on my doorstep! But the damn shipping is nearly as much as the part!

Im waiting on the mysize as well, production begins in feb :) im wondering how the foam got tore??

Sent from my LS670 using Car-Seat.Org

Well, I wouldn't be able to get the My Size then before my rebate expires since I have to use it by Nov 26. And I have no idea how that foam got torn. Like I said, this was the seat my SD used for Ethan and Chase, so who knows. I did try to tape it up, but seeing how I was going to let a co-worker borrow it for her grandson, I don't feel comfortable giving it to her like that. Then again, she confessed to me that when she had her grandson (he is 13 months old) and the car seat was in the baby's mother's car, that she ended up putting him in front with her, and strapped him in so they were sharing the seat belt! :eek: She knows I am a tech, I gave her all of the ERF info and everything else, so I can't believe she told me this. And yeah, I let her have it about how extremely dangerous that is! So a taped up piece of comfort foam is a million times better than what she did!

Anyway, I was going to let her borrow the Safeseat until she could get the MR back from the baby's mother, after the baby's mother buys her own car seat. Which may be a while, because she just started working and likely isn't making much (teen mom) and her parents won't help her with anything, other than letting her and the baby live in their house.

The MR my co-worker has was actually the first MR I bought and sold to her. The baby's mother just lives a few houses down from her so her son is the one taking the MR and moving it to the baby's mother's car when they go out. That also scares me, the constant un-installing of the seat. Oh, and he keeps putting him FF too! :mad:

Last edited:

xursusmaritimusx

Hmmmm weird... My SS1 didnt even have foam under the butt.....

but in looking at my seat... i realized im about to just trash mine... and i took the foam off... i can mail it to you at no cost if you want lol at least you'll have a complete seat?

also... HOLY SHIT at the grandmother lol

msg221

Hmmmm weird... My SS1 didnt even have foam under the butt.....

but in looking at my seat... i realized im about to just trash mine... and i took the foam off... i can mail it to you at no cost if you want lol at least you'll have a complete seat?

also... HOLY SHIT at the grandmother lol

I know, that's why I think both those CSR's at Graco are smoking something. I don't have foam in the butt part of the seat either! It's not even one that has the "Graco Pedic" foam.

If you don't mind mailing that to me, that would be great! I would really appreciate it. And think of it as possibly saving that baby's life! :D I will PM you my address!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC