One last round of, What is this seat from ABC?

crunchierthanthou

this time an infant seat-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/verysheri/6176647186/in/set-72157627737634056

it says JJ Cole, but that might just be the fabric. (the other labels say "easy off pad" and "side impact tested")

handle angled toward the seatback in ARB position ("rebound control" stamped into handle plastic). swoon.

lock-offs. on the shell! and a second for Euro routing. double swoon.

It looks like the pattern is on more than the inserts. I wonder what the canopy is like.

ADS

SeattleRain

Oh oh! I know!

The top one looks like a souped up Via doesn't it?

The bottom one is unequivically an Orbit seat. It has the logo on it and is in their red Orbit-y colors.

crunchierthanthou

Oh oh! I know!

The top one looks like a souped up Via doesn't it?

Oh, you're right. That's a whole lot like the Via base.

eta: you're exactly correct. It's a First Years/Lamaze Via with a few tweaks- [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lamaze-Via-Infant-Car-Seat/dp/B005GLQ6NI"]Amazon.com: Lamaze Via Infant Car Seat - Grey/Black: Baby[/ame]

Last edited:

crunchierthanthou

Apparently Tomy now owns The First Years, Lamaze, and JJ Cole. Here's a blurb from a press release-

Exceptional travel gear items that fuse safety and convenience with the signature JJ Cole style. Debut items include a car seat and strollers at a variety of price-points that can easily adapt into travel systems. For added fashion-forward style, all JJ Cole gear items feature color swap canopies that can be customized by Mom.

So, they'll be making JJ Cole branded infant seats with semi-customized canopies.

Do you think you'll be able to use the Bundleme with them? :whistle:

crunchierthanthou

Oh I stopped at those and went :scratcheshead: :twitch: and then figured they must be some obviously non-boob item and that I'm 12 :rolleyes:

how can they be anything but boobs? especially because they are right next to nursing gear in the album.

ps, doesn't Magic Beans have a great Flickr stream? Carseatblog is definitely the go-to for car seat info, but mbeans is awesome for all areas of baby gear.

Chila88

The Via in the photo doesn't have the little rounded pads in the corner of the handle though.....:thumbsdown:. Those made it easy on the arm....now its just like any other handle....:(

crunchierthanthou

The Via in the photo doesn't have the little rounded pads in the corner of the handle though.....:thumbsdown:. Those made it easy on the arm....now its just like any other handle....:(

I'd expect that's related to the anti-rebound functionality. It's a trade-off, I guess.

Kat_Momof3

this time an infant seat-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/verysheri/6176647186/in/set-72157627737634056

it says JJ Cole, but that might just be the fabric. (the other labels say "easy off pad" and "side impact tested")

handle angled toward the seatback in ARB position ("rebound control" stamped into handle plastic). swoon.

lock-offs. on the shell! and a second for Euro routing. double swoon.

It looks like the pattern is on more than the inserts. I wonder what the canopy is like.

first years via... definitely... lockoffs on back of shell give it away

on the upper side you can see the metal levers for releasing the seat to turn it... it's the Orbit baby G2 toddler seat... the 4 seats are orbit infant, orbit toddler rf, orbit toddler ff, and orbit booster... all in red.

looks like they now have a toddler seat with headwings, which is cool!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Apparently Tomy now owns The First Years, Lamaze, and JJ Cole. Here's a blurb from a press release-

So, they'll be making JJ Cole branded infant seats with semi-customized canopies.

Do you think you'll be able to use the Bundleme with them? :whistle:

It would be the Via35 actually - there's a thread in the Canadian forum about the seat.

The strangest thing about this seat is that it has 2 different weight limits - one for install baseless, and one for use with the base.

And yes, the manual explicitly says that any JJ Cole product is approved for use in it. :thumbsdown:

Although, with the way the cover is made and the way the harness straps come through the cover, it's possible the bundle me bags wouldn't mess with the straps and get them twisty in quite the same way, and they have thinned that back fabric out a lot in the last couple years, so who knows... I'm sure it's just a marketing thing. The infant seat is heavy, and while it has a 32" height limit and a shell tall enough to accomodate that, I'm not sure that I'd buy one given the other seats out there to choose from.

FWIW, the Secure Ride 35 has an ARB handle position and the corners of it are very rubbery the way they're finished and definitely give - I actually think that the way the Evenflo seat is designed that the sides of the handle are designed to offer an extra bit of ride-down when the handle hits the seatback....

eta: The Maxi Cosi seat I'm glad to see a picture of. I'm hoping that our crew at ABC got a chance to play with it. It's supposed to have a unique method of removing baby from harness and I'm very curious what that might be. (And yes, it's coming to Canada.)

Kat_Momof3

hey, I'm fine with letting them use bundlemes and other jjcole stuff if the manufacturer approves it... as long as they still tighten down the straps as much as they can and do everything else like we normally want it.

I think it would be easier on us if jjcole either sold their own seats to go with their products or did this... pair up with a manufacturer and have their products able to be used on their seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC