Another CCO question (last one)

Angela

How long did your kiddos last in the CCO? We all have pretty tall torsos in our house, so I'm curious how long #2 might last in the CCO (only seat that will fit rf in DH's car).

ADS

Rosey

I found my son's broad shoulders are what makes the CCO my third choice option over his long torso. It is a solid seat that has growing room but it is a bit narrow.

Chely7425

T2 outgrew it around 12/13 months. I can find a picture of him in it at 14 months where he is like... 1-2 inches OVER the shell if you want :p

Chely7425

Ok, these are un-installed (and huge for some reason) but here are the big Ts in the CCO. T3 was 4 months old when we got it so T2 was 20 months, and T3 was almost 3 (34 months). This was right before T1 had a big growth spurt and he actually had a slightly shorter torso than T2.

a3b4e920.jpg

8f7bce25.jpg

Chely7425

They are almost 2.5 and 3.5 now. T1 is on the 4th slots of the radian, with about a inch of growing room. T2 is on the 3rd slots with 2-3 inches of growing room. I THINK they are 37 and 39 inches now. They are in my siggy :)

Angela

Thanks Rachel (again). :) I'm just hoping to make it to at least 2, when I'd be 'okay' with forward facing. I'd rather not that soon, but we'll see what happens. We can get a My Ride in there, but it has to go behind me on the passengers side which would leave DS squished behind DH in his booster. I don't like the idea of him being so close to the front seat in a booster (thus more head excursion).

Jessica61624

Thanks Rachel (again). :) I'm just hoping to make it to at least 2, when I'd be 'okay' with forward facing. I'd rather not that soon, but we'll see what happens. We can get a My Ride in there, but it has to go behind me on the passengers side which would leave DS squished behind DH in his booster. I don't like the idea of him being so close to the front seat in a booster (thus more head excursion).

What kind of car? The new gen britax installed more upright than the myride. I would also try the Pria 70.

Angela

What kind of car? The new gen britax installed more upright than the myride. I would also try the Pria 70.

It's a 2011 Nissan Juke. Even the CCO is a tight fit behind DH. It has an annoying bump at the top of the seat that makes installing rf seats nearly impossible. You can't brace either front seat (there's a sensor in the driver's seat also). I was thinking about maybe trying the Triumph or Momentum in there, but those 2 seats sound like good ones to try too. DH is set on the CCO to start though. He loves the colors and how 'cute' they are. :)

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
My two oldest have very short torsos and I was hoping I would get at least 2 years in the CCO with Rocket. He's very, very close to outgrowing it at 16 months. I pulled it out of our daily use seats because I didn't want to be stressing about measuring all the time.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
My just turned 3 year old still has a couple inches to go -

0917110910-00.jpg

0917110911-02.jpg

He's 38" tall but it's almost all legs, as you can see haha. I don't know his actual torso measurement these days though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC